Thread: Wonderful Winnie, sent by Whitman

Wonderful Winnie, sent by Whitman

It is very difficult not to believe in a miracle when something happens like the story how Winnie found her furrever home.
    How likely is it to meet two cats with blue and golden eyes at all?
    But kitties seem to have a sixth sense for job openings and Winnie sure knew you would need comfort soon.
    And now you have this incredibly pretty girl who was all healthy and has the sweetest purrsonality.
    A match made in heaven and a good reason to celebrate this day

Winnie is such a beautiful Cat and my friend Greg says that she looks just like his Cat Smudge.
    She is a spitting image , although a bit more mature at 6.

What a great Cat you are and we are praying that the worst of your health issues is behind you, and that you have smooth sailing for the rest of your life.

We Found Hotel Cats are so happy to meet you Winnie , our Newest Cat of the Future and are sending our MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWS To Our Dear New Friend Wonderful Winnie.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries

Wonderful Winnie and Whitman

What a beautiful little girl she is. Your photos are breathtaking. Whenever I try to photograph my cats, they move at the last second, so my pics never turn out that good. You are a very talented person. It sounds like you still have Whitman also. ? Hopefully you do. (I wanted to throw something in that could possibly help him, if his colon problem is "Megacolon". He needs to take "lactulose", which is a human medicine, but it works very nicely for cats. My vet prescribed it for my Mr. Jinx, who almost died from megacolon. After being on lactulose for about a year, he has been doing very good for the past few years without it. I also rub his tummy every day, that helps him too, and he likes it.) Congrats to Winnie on being Cat of the Day, and I wish you all many more happy, healthy years together. God Bless

Dearest Winnie, what a gorgeous girl you are, with your two-tone eyes and your sweet face and your lovely white fur with the grey patches! And what a nice photo gallery you have, showing you off so well. I wish I could reach right through the screen to Northfield, MN to pet you ..AND your best pal, companion, inspiration Whitman too, who was already there with your beautiful color scheme and we hope is still there and still continues to do well in spite of all his medical issues. (Since I can't, I hope someone in your family will give you some pets for me .)

You are not only beautiful to look at, you have the most engaging Purrrsonality, too! You make your humans smile with all your antics, such as running through the house at the speed of light, licking the sink faucet spout, and maintaining your independence (except when you want to play with the dog). And you love to relax on top of the pile of giant pillows next to the living room couch. You and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Winnie (AND Whitman) on being selected today's Cat(s) of the Day! We hope you both and the doggie and your humans and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

To explain why this kitty is special to us, I must first say that we have a seven-year-old Maine Coon named Whitty (Whitman). He has a vast amount of genetic disorders. The first being that he has heterochromia (one yellow and one blue eye), but he also has many allergies and colon problems.

Winnie (Wynette) found our home on November 17th, 2012. At that time last year Whitman was not expected to live much longer. This adorable eight- to ten-week-old kitty found our porch steps and wouldn't leave until we finally picked her up and took her inside. It was then that we noticed she, too, has heterochromia. She has one yellow and one blue eye, on the same sides as Whitman. Amazingly, she did not have any allergies, deafness, diseases, or problems of any kind. She was a Thanksgiving gift to all of us.

Winnie is very playful and sweet. She likes to run through the house at the speed of light. She also likes to lick the spout on the sink faucet a few times a day. Her favorite spot in the house is on top of a pile of giant pillows next to the living room couch. And she is very independent, unless she wants to play with our dog. I, Winnie's owner, am a photographer, and to see the originals and more photos of her visit deviantart.
    Oh my goodness, Winnie! What a busy girl you are -- zooming through the house, stopping for a sip of water from the sink faucet and being independent! Then you pause for a rest on your pile of pillows. You are a beautiful girl with your eyes and your short, soft coat! I bet you keep your person smiling all day long!

I agree completely with my friend Phesina - I hope Whitty is doing well with his health issues Winnie, could you please have your person give you, Whitty and your doggie pal some gentle petting and lovies for me. I too wish you all many happy, healthy, fun years together! Happy Cat of the Day to Winnie and to Whitty too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Winnie what a stunning girl you are!!!

Who could see your sweet face and not smile? Not me!!! You are like a happy ray of sunshine for me today. I imagine you bring your family lots of sunny smiles every day. Please thank them for sharing you with us today. I hope you are being spoiled rotten today.

Congratulations, sweet Winnie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winnie, for some reason, your story brought tears to my eyes, you are such a miracle!
    And your human takes the most beautiful pictures of you, very professional and a pleasure to look at!

You truly deserve to be Cat of the Day!

Wonderous Winnie!

Hi Winnie! Happy Cat of the Day to you, beautiful girl, and to your dear brother Whitman too! First, I must say that your photos are simply breathtaking! How neat that two kitties as beautiful as you and Whitman have a forever parent who is also one incredibly talented photographer! What a heartwarming, holiday rescue story is yours, Winnie! It truly was a blessed event, that November day your tiny, helpless self "just happened" to show up on your family's front porch! That truly was a Thanksgiving to give thanks, thanks for the priceless gift of YOU! And to think that you share the same heterochromia trait with your brother Whitman, well, more than coincidence I think! I do hope that Whitman is doing well, and despite all of his many genetic disorders, no doubt your joyful exuberance, your playful, life loving spirit, has breathed to new life into him, your entire family! What a treasure you are, Winnie, and how lucky your family is to have you in their lives! Thanks to your proud parent for sharing your beautiful self and life affirming bio. with us, sweetheart! Meeting you was the perfect ending to my day. Well, not actually. I still have the pleasure of checking out more photos on your deviant art site!!!! Hope you and Whitman and your doggie pal are all enjoying a very special day of celebration, and to you and your family wishes for a very happy Thanksgiving! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you beautiful Winnie, and to Whitman and your doggie friend too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you so much everyone!!

I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed meeting Winnie.

To reply a bit, yes Whitman has been taking lactulose for about 5 years. It seems to do what it needs to do for the most part, but of course it only helps the digestive system and does not remove the problem

At this very moment, Whitty is passed out on the couch having kitty dreams.
    Winnie is no where to be found, which means she's up to no good hahaha.

There is a third cat that wasn't mentioned because it wasn't necessary, but her name is Pooka.
    Pooka is actually the closest to my heart (shocking, I know...)

I adopted Pooka from the local vet clinic (about a year before we met Winnie) and shortly after that she stole my heart.
    She is an orange 'rumpy' manx, and has the biggest personality I've ever seen in a cat.
    She spoons with me every night from the time that I lay down until the moment I get up for the morning.
    Her and Winnie are best friends and chase each other through the house.

If you want to see photos of her, they are also on my DeviantArt page.
    (marthatuma.deviantart.com)

Thanks for taking time out of your days to comment on my cats!
    You all made me feel very special and I tell Winnie & Whitty every day that they are very special cats.

Martha

Aww, so glad Whitty is still doing well, even if he has to take the meds. I am sure Winnie helps keep him going!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm a little late.... sorry.

Winnie sure is a beautiful girl with her shiny white coat and her blue and green eyes. I'm so glad she found a loving home with you. I bet she is spoiled rotten, just as she deserves.

Hope she still celebrates being Cat of the Day and have a lot of fun with her sisters.

Congratulations, Winnie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Winnie winnie winnie!

Winnie girl, you are quite the stunner! The camera loves you! Reading your story surely made my day! Keep up the good work (being cute and all), and I wish you and your fursiblings and your human Martha a long, happy and healthy life together!
    CatFan