Beenie was so feisty and playful when we brought her home 10 years ago. She always wanted to fetch a toy or ball to the point of our arms hurting from throwing. She was always ready for more.
She was our first baby. Our Beenie baby. She was Jeff’s dog as she got him up in the morning for her treats. She always ran to him and sat in his lap when he was home but she spent most of her time with me. I’d bring her to work, for rides, errands, walks, drive through, you name it. She was the center of attention for a long time. When we brought Frankie home, she’d bully him but enjoyed the new playmate over time. I remember as if it was yesterday when we brought Laura home. She was so cautious and loving toward her when she was a baby. She let Laura do anything to her. Her real joy was when Laura was old enough to start throwing that ball for her and when Laura was old enough to hold her leash when we went for walks.

Everything happened so quickly. She was fine just a few months ago but I knew something had changed. She no longer wanted to eat and paced around a lot. She just wasn’t herself. Her annual checkup showed nothing abnormal but I knew something was wrong. Lately she didn’t want to play ball anymore and whined a lot, then her seizures. The vet said it was probably a brain tumor. The last few days, all she did was sleep due to her meds and walk in circles and pant when she was awake. She was very confused and scared easily. She was unable to drink or do much on her own. Last night Jeff and I realized it was time. I took her to the vets this morning for mercy. I feel like a piece of my heart has been ripped out. I don’t know what I will tell my daughter when I get her from school today and she sees her Beenie baby isn’t here. We really loved that dog. She will always be a young puppy at heart even if her body was starting to fail her. This is how I want to remember her.

Name:  img_1246.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  1.51 MB