Thread: Please keep Maya Linn in your prayers

Please keep Maya Linn in your prayers

My beautiful 16 year old Lynx Point Torbie isn't doing well. While she's always been plagued by allergies, there's something else going on.

Her allergies seemed to be worse than before, but she's VERY unsteady on her feet and her head is tilting to the right and the sparkle in her eyes isn't there. So I had her checked out. Her blood work came back all within normal limits. She DID have fleas, which I was shocked at since all my cats are totally indoors. She's on Zythromiacin and Prednisone. Because she can't smell her food, I heat it up which is helping. She's lost weight. Not a lot but enough to notice. The vet is stumped as to her unsteadiness.

Something tells me she a neurological issue going on. At her age, I'm not putting her through anymore testing. I'm praying the meds will do the trick. I'm going to keep her as comfortable and happy as possible, as she is eating and using the litterbox.

I'm just asking everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sending prayers and scritchies to Maya Linn. I hope the meds help her and she is feeling better soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awww, she'll be in out prayers. No sign of ear infection? That can cause wobbliness, but I am sure the vet checked for that.
    I've Been Frosted

Adding Maya Linn to my prayers.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers for Maya Linn.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Karen,

Nope, her ears are clear. My gut feeling tells me it's a mini-stroke just by some of the symptoms. The vet is calling me in the morning.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We are sending along prayers and loving good wishes and healing energies for dear Ms. Maya Linn.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Maya Linn!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Lovely Maya Linn is now at the Rainbow Bridge. Her memorial thread is here.
    I've Been Frosted