Thread: House woes. (May I rant?) - UPDATE

Hybrid View

Sorry you had to run into the "no pets" policy most places have now. My friend has an apt building and she had the same policy, I spent the day with her once but took my 3 dogs along... we had a great chat session, had lunch etc. I took the dogs out to the back once to potty then back in... they slept the whole time I was there- 5 hours in all. Before leaving I asked if she had a problem with me taking the dogs and she said of course not...I reminded her of the noisy kids we heard while we were chatting... told her maybe she should reconsider her policy, she thought it was only because my dogs were super trained-I told her most dogs were like mine, people today really take great care of their dogs. Told her to screen the next dog owners, ask for a pet damage deposit and give it a try. Today she has a "no kids " policy. Some people just don't realize that not all people are letting their dogs tear up the place, most are responsible owners and it's pretty easy to weed out the bad dog people.

I have to agree that kids do more damage than dogs today, seems parents don't care what the kids do as long as it keeps them out of their hair.

ETA-- I should have said many of the kids today, I know there are still terrific well behaved kids out there and I don't mean to label al kids as brats.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I'm so happy to see that you guys understand where I'm coming from. I've been asking around and have gathered a few more numbers I can call about rentals today. I am more optimistic now and will just keep giving it my all until something finally works out. I have a feeling that something good will happen soon.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Just had to come update this since....
    WE FOUND A PLACE!!

Just got a call saying we are approved for the one I mentioned in my first post. I am so excited I am literally dancing around the room. Move in date is the beginning of November. I can't wait!!! I already feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and advice.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Yay!!!! Congrats and I hope everything goes well with moving!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Hallelujah!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yaaaaa-hoooooooo!!!!!! :d
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's great news!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Just had to come update this since....
    WE FOUND A PLACE!!

Just got a call saying we are approved for the one I mentioned in my first post. I am so excited I am literally dancing around the room. Move in date is the beginning of November. I can't wait!!! I already feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and advice.
    Yay, congratulations, PM me if you want packing/moving advice!
    I've Been Frosted