Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodby Tony - pup, may God bless you

I didn't post much on here early yesterday; later, I did post more on Fb, but for those not on there:

Good-by Tony-pup. May God bless you.
    Tony escaped from the fenced in back yard here at Dad's house early this morning This was not the first time he'd escaped, nor the 6th, he was quite the little escape artist. This time, he managed to open the gate! Not done that before. He was hit by a car and killed instantly. I found him by the side of the road, whomever hit him at least moved him to the side. Feel badly for that person, too, they likely never saw him till the last moment. He had no collar or tags or harness on as he escaped from the back yard, so nothing else the person could do.

Tony was just 3 years old, lived with me a bit over 2.5 months. I really can't believe this, what an awful morning. When I found him (after looking for 45 minutes), I picked him up and drove him home, set him on the lawn, and took each of the other 3 out one at a time to say their goodbys. Took him to a local vet here for group cremation and burial. All over and done and back home at 9

Tasha is missing him quite a bit, Tony was her play pal. They had great play battles together and I kept meaning to capture that on camera; I never realized time was so short. Of the 3, she was the one who sniffed at him the longest yesterday morning, and then looked at me with such a sad look. She has whined several times since. I have only just realized, I'll have to break the news to all the folks / dogs we see regularly at 'farm walk,' Bridgham Farm, when we travel back home. Skippy, Tony's BFF, and his family, oh dear.

I didn't sleep much all night, just have images playing over and over in my mind. I TRY to picture him as he was ALIVE, happy and smiling, that cuddly pup with the huge paws, but it is so hard to do that just now. I was in shock most of yesterday, today I am finally moving to the next stage, the tearing and crying. I've lost many pets in my 55 years, old age, illness, NEVER have I lost one like this. It really is horrid. I was home from the local vet yesterday morning and just sitting staring blankly for half an hour before I realized I was covered in blood, had to go change.

This whole episode is a nightmare, I wish I would wake up and find it is not true.

Oh no Sandie, just seeing this. I'm so, so sorry. Losing Tony like this has to be awful. He's ok at the Bridge. Not easy for all left behind.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I already replied to your post on FB yesterday, but again... I'm really sorry!

I can only try to imagine what a shock it must have been to find him there; this is such a tragedy. You did your best to give him a good life, and you wanted all the best for your Tony-pup, and it's just not fair that a young dog so full of life had to leave this world so soon. But I'm sure he felt loved and was happy when he was with you.

R.I.P. Tony

Growing up out in the country, we lost several pets this way. I am so sorry you had to experience this.
    I am typing this through blurry vision with the tears in my eyes.

RIP Tony
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Although he didn't have a long life, the life he had with you was great. He knew he was loved and cared for. RIP Tony pup. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

So sorry He had a lovely smile and I'm sure his daily adventures could have filled many a book. I'm going through the same thoughts with how I could have gotten more videos or pictures with Autumn but I just didn't make the time. I wish I'd have gotten video of her bark so I'd always be able to hear it. I guess this is the kick in the butt we have that reminds us not miss a moment with the rest of our pets. Give them all hugs for me please.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Sandie I am so very sorry for your loss. How terrible for you and the driver who hit him. My heart is broken after reading this.

Too sad. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so very sorry.

So sorry Sadie, sending more hugs and vibes for your family!
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

2.5 years old dachshund Dan

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My heart aches for you Sandie. Such a terrible shock to see this.

RIP Tony-pup. You were loved and you took that love with you.

May you find peace, Sandie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Sandie, I am so sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathies.

Thank you for taking time to post, all of you. This has been extremely difficult for me, as I believe we do not own animals. Rather, we are guardians who care for them for God. I messed up, big time.

I've not been on any forums or FB for over 8 days, I only stopped in now as I have more sad news to post in Cat Memorial.

Thank you for your love for Tony - pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Tony - pup is gone. He escaped from the fenced in yard here at Dad's house earlier this morning and was hit by a car and killed.

He was quite the escape artist, got out up here so many, many times.

I've just returned from a local vet, where I took him for group cremation and burial. Just 3 years of age, only with me a bit over 2.5 months. I can't believe this. Two hours ago I was in bed cuddling with him and the others.
    Gosh Sandy, I just saw this. I don't get over to the dog section much. I'm am so sorry about Tony. HugZ
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Tony so suddenly.
    You did so much for him, he lived his life to the fullest in the time that he was with you.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy