Thread: New dog has diarrhea.

Hybrid View

I don't have any advice just wanted to say congrats on the new pupper! She's a cutie! And welcome back - good to see you again!

Thank for all the help everyone. That night I ended up feeding her mostly white rice and a little bit of chicken. I did the same the next day, then mixed in white rice with kibble the next two days and yesterday was her first day back on all kibble. She hasn't had any more issues with diarrhea. We are going to the vet later this afternoon for a full checkup and to get her all UTD on shots and anything else she needs. She's been adjusting well and is a really great dog!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Aww, that's good! Sounds like she's adjusting now! Hope it all goes well at the vet!
    I've Been Frosted

Congrats on the new pup---sounds like she's over the runny poops, good for her. But I've always relied on pumpkin if any of my dogs went that route, I'm sure the vet would agree (not the pie filling, pure pumpkin) . Also the chicken and rice is always something my vet tells cients so that should work too if she ever goes that route again.
    Hope she has a good check up with nothing to worry about.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

The checkup went well. She had some yeast in her ears so they cleaned them out which she did not like! They sent me home with some wash to clean her ears out a few times a week. Everything else looked good! We are going back in 3 weeks for boosters and to check her ears again.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon View Post
    The checkup went well. She had some yeast in her ears so they cleaned them out which she did not like! They sent me home with some wash to clean her ears out a few times a week. Everything else looked good! We are going back in 3 weeks for boosters and to check her ears again.
    Yay! Sounds good, and while we cannot blame her for not liking her ears getting poked at, we know it is important, and she'll feel even better when the infection is gone!

And while we're at it - if she has the typical bulldog issue of having gas strong enough to clear a room, like the newest member of our family (at LH's house) did, (Angel's likely part bulldog, boxer or pittie - wiggly, cute and eats like she'll never see food again ...) I can share the tip with you that made their couch a safer place to be after supper! Let me know!
    I've Been Frosted