Thread: Lonnng stressful summer

Hybrid View

You will never feel worse than you do right now, if you immediately start doing the things you already know you have to do. Said another way, it will get better immediately, if you make the changes right now. Otherwise, you will feel worse tomorrow.

Even if you are tired, lace up your gym shoes before you get out of the car and take the dog for a 5 minute walk. Once you are out with her, after 5 minutes...you will feel like doing 10 or 15. At work, since you are on your feet all day, find a big couch to hide behind and do 10 lunges, or squats, or heel raises (for your PF). Heck, go into the back room and do 10 sit ups every hour (he he he...your co-workers will think you are crazy).

For the eating, keep it out of the house, and remember that once you adopt a cleaner eating style, in a week, it will become that new habit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    You will never feel worse than you do right now, if you immediately start doing the things you already know you have to do. Said another way, it will get better immediately, if you make the changes right now. Otherwise, you will feel worse tomorrow.

Even if you are tired, lace up your gym shoes before you get out of the car and take the dog for a 5 minute walk. Once you are out with her, after 5 minutes...you will feel like doing 10 or 15. At work, since you are on your feet all day, find a big couch to hide behind and do 10 lunges, or squats, or heel raises (for your PF). Heck, go into the back room and do 10 sit ups every hour (he he he...your co-workers will think you are crazy).

For the eating, keep it out of the house, and remember that once you adopt a cleaner eating style, in a week, it will become that new habit for you.
    Hugs, because I do understand. But Cataholic is right. You might be just emotionally tired at the end of the day. Going out for a pleasant walk is different than walking the store. My job can have some long hours, too, so I've been there.

Good Luck.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I made an emergency meeting with my shrink today. I told him I KNOW what to do, I just can't muster the energy to do it. I admitted that I KNOW walking Callie is a stress reliever, and I always feel wonderful once I'm out there with her, I just find it hard to actually motivate myself to DO it. Once I have my work clothes and shoes off, I have no interest in putting any other shoes on. Know what I mean?

Meeting with the therapist helped a LOT. Sometimes its nice to just vent to someone for an hour who won't ignore me and start venting about their own life's problems. We all have problems. We all have stress. Once the new store opens, there will be a whole new stress -- training 4 new employees

I need to go grocery shopping tonight and baby carrots are most definitely on my list. So are lots of other good fruits and healthy snacks

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Once the new store opens, there will be a whole new stress -- training 4 new employees

I need to go grocery shopping tonight and baby carrots are most definitely on my list. So are lots of other good fruits and healthy snacks
    At least with new employees you ar starting with a blank slate, and can train them right the first time! I always smile when buying baby carrots - Miss Hoppy preferred the real thing, thanks! So the baby ones I can eat without feeling guilty, as she never regarded them as tasty at all!
    I've Been Frosted

Just back from the supermarket, and the baby carrots were even on sale! Got some for me!
    I've Been Frosted

I also am an emotional eater, and i think until i can find a way to address that and use something more positive in my life to channel my stress rather than eating, i will always have weight issues, up and down,so i too am still working hard on that.

Don't be hard on yourself, you have not put on all the weight yet, and you are totally aware of what you are doing, your life sounds so stressful, i really feel for you so much, HUGS,i totally empathize with you and i hope you find a way to deal with your stress other than eating, as in the end it is a no win situation.

i lost ten kgs over three years ago, and kept it off,last year due to a painful injury ,which is now permanent and painful, i turned to emotional eating due to my depression, i ended up putting 5kgs back on, now i have lost 3kgs, but i am struggling to get it back off, its very very difficult.

If you can get on top of it again, (motivation is always so hard especially under the stress you are dealing with,)you will loose the weight again ,and you won't regain it all, here for you anytime to chat, i understand.

just re reading your post, already you are sounding so much more positive and getting back to healthy eating, so easy to fall in to bad habits,good for you, you can do this , you really can.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I very nearly quit my job yesterday after working 12 hours with a migraine. They KNEW I had a migraine. they TOLD me I looked awful and felt badly for me, but they wouldn't let me just sit quietly - or better yet, go home. Nooooo, they made me stay because we were down a sales associate who's in the hospital (lucky lady!). I ended up taking paperwork home with the intentions of finishing it (its still in my purse)

I did take home two area rugs last night. One I unrolled this morning to find a hole in it after I moved the dining room table AND CHAIRS ON TOP OF IT. tHE SECOND WAS "NICE" BUT I WASN'T SURE IF I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT. I WAS WALKING DOWNSTAIRS WITH LAUNDRY WHEN I SAW harry PEEING ON IT. oOPS, SORRY CAPS LOCK -- TOO DARNED TIRED AND FRustrated to retype) HArry was my only male without crystal issues. Not now. He's currently doing the tell-tale lickety lick.

That did it. As I dropped the laundry basket and grabbed the odor cleaner, I had a mini breakdown. Now I'm all cried out and my head still hurts. I have no idea how I'm going to make it til the end. I have off today and tomorrow. If one more thing goes wrong...