Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alani Is In The ICU For A Few Days

Hugs and prayers for you and Alani

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thanks everyone. I went to visit Alani and he's wearing an e-collar and resting comfortably on several towels and fleece fabric too. When I pet his head he started purring very loudly and it almost sounded like he was snoring. They are giving him sub-q fluids and he's on pain meds and antibiotics. To me his output didn't look very good. They hadn't even changed his urine bag yet and there was very little in it and it's blood tinged as well. For the tip of his penis to become so bad, he must've been licking himself without my knowledge for quite some time. Maybe even having the other 5 cats around was enough cause him more stress which contributed to his blockage. I received an estimate for PU surgery if my vet thinks he needs it. I know it's expensive but I think that it would actually save me money long term. If he blocked again then I'd basically be paying the same amount that his surgery would've cost once again just for him being in the ICU for a few days. I just want all of this to be over and Alani back home again and happy and healthy once again. I think that Blaze also misses him.

Aww, glad you got to visit with him! Hopefully you and he will get answers and relief soon!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry - prayers for a quick recovery!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Sending all my best wishes to Alani- hope you find a way to control the struvite.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks everyone. ... I just want all of this to be over and Alani back home again and happy and healthy once again. I think that Blaze also misses him.
    They do miss each other, even when they don't get along. Praying for Alani to get better soon and be home with you and Blaize and the rest.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Alani and you, Tracey. We hope this can be resolved soon and he is back home again with Blaze and all his family.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Update

Thanks again everyone.

I finally heard back from my vet. Alani is doing well. He's well hydrated and his input and output are good. His problem now is the damaged tip of his penis. Since he'll most likely develop scar tissue there if he hasn't already and also most likely block again in the future, we both agreed that doing the PU surgery was the best option. She'll be doing it some time this afternoon and she said that he'll probably be able to come home some time tomorrow. Please send some positive vibes his way. Thanks.

Major prayers for Alani! I hope he is home soon with you and heals quickly.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I understand totally what you are going through right now. Joseph ended up in the emergency vet on September 8th with crystals. I am still working with the vet to clear things up. Right now he didn't get the PU surgery, but I might have to consider it in the future.

My problem is that he doesn't like the SO food. I make a homemade diet and he will only eat a little bit of the SO food.

I can't catch him to give him any of his meds or even get him into the carrier...

Positive vibes coming to Alani and you in this thread too!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Major prayers for Alani! I hope he is home soon with you and heals quickly.
    I hope so too! I lighted a candle for him too http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=19383968
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sending more prayers and positive thoughts.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thanks again everyone. It's been a long busy day. My vet called me around 4pm and said that everything went well with no complications. Alani was just starting to wake up and they would later see if he would eat some food. I asked her if he needed to be put on a special diet and she said no that I can continue to feed him what I've been feeding him. She said that his problem was that his parts were just too small so this is why he became blocked. I remember my RB Storms surgeon saying that Storms urethra had such a small opening that it was only a matter of time before he would become blocked. I'm going to pick him up tomorrow after work. I have a large dog crate that I'm going to keep him in until he gets heals up and gets his stitches removed. Now I just have to prepare myself for the shock of the huge vet bill.

Glad to hear that everything went well.
    Hope your baby heals quickly.