Thread: Why not French Poodles?

Why not French Poodles?

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-call-l...8--sector.html

Interesting story, but since the French eat escargot?

Labs are way better sniffers, that's why ... and more obedient! Poodles often show as less intelligent on some tests because they can be rather independently minded! That's why Labradoodles were originally bred - for the obedience needed to be a seeing eye dog, but with the non-shedding coat of a poodle!

I bet beagles would be good, too - but as the Lab is the most popular breed there are more to choose from!

And besides, silly Richard (we know you were a cat guy for a long time, so allowances are made) "French" Poodles are actually a German breed! To get a truly French breed, you'd have to go with the French Bulldog (terrible sniffers, usually), or better, maybe a Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen or one of his hound relatives!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Labs are way better sniffers, that's why ... and more obedient! Poodles often show as less intelligent on some tests because they can be rather independently minded! That's why Labradoodles were originally bred - for the obedience needed to be a seeing eye dog, but with the non-shedding coat of a poodle!

I bet beagles would be good, too - but as the Lab is the most popular breed there are more to choose from!

And besides, silly Richard (we know you were a cat guy for a long time, so allowances are made) "French" Poodles are actually a German breed! To get a truly French breed, you'd have to go with the French Bulldog (terrible sniffers, usually), or better, maybe a Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen or one of his hound relatives!
    LOL, I will try to remind Tucker that he should be more obedient!

I didn't know that about Labradoodles, thanks!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, I will try to remind Tucker that he should be more obedient!

I didn't know that about Labradoodles, thanks!
    Ahh, but it also requires a diligent human to do the training ... or the poodle independence still kicks in!
    I've Been Frosted