Thread: Helpful Hints ... add yours!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I use a soda box, the 12 pack that goes into the fridge, to keep plastic grocery bags.

I open up the end that is scored, take out the cans and stuff the bags in......I can pull one out if I need it and
    if I get too many? I toss the whole box into the recycling can!
    This is a great idea! Only I don't drink soda anymore.
    I have a bag I purchased at the shelter I volunteer at, made by ladies at the thrift store, specifically for plastic bags. But I have sooo many bags (I'm counting on our county to do away with plastic bags like the surrounding counties have) I am saving up.
    I'll have to see if anyone at work has these soda boxes I can have.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

From today, I made a batch of cookies for my dear friend's wedding reception. They were in rainbow colors to match the cake, and we set them on platters just behind the cake. It turned out to be a great idea, as there were kids at the reception, and they were drawn like moths to a flame to look at the wedding cake, and instead of the kids poking at the frosting, they could grab a pretty cookie or two, and scamper off. It worked for adult guests, too - so nobody got too antsy about waiting for the big cake cutting ceremony!
    I've Been Frosted

Baking soda paste makes a decent spackle to cover pinholes in the wall in a pinch!

Edit: Toothpaste works too!