Thread: pupdate *8 pics*

pupdate *8 pics*

I don't think I've posted pictures in a few months of the puggaface, so here he is. His life has been pretty boring lately but he's getting back into the swing of having his mom around again and going to the park and having fun. He's going to be six next month and for some reason I'm dreading it because that's one year closer to ten which is the unlucky number for my dogs. I'm just hoping he breaks that streak. I know it's awful to say that but it just is always at the back of your mind. Especially with his greying face. I think I'm just paranoid.

This is as far as the little pansy will go in water. He just hates it and it's kind of laughable watching him walk slowly into it.

This was last week. We found a log bridge and explored and "Island". Mikey tried to eat a frog...you know the usual.

This is just my precious muffin.

He's SO cute in this one!

I like water mom give me some water please.

Found him like this one morning. He's a real character that's for sure!

Quite the Brown-eyed baby, huh?

In typical alcoholic fashion

By the way, am I crazy or does he look like a good weight? Everyone tells me I starve him. I got that the other day at the reservoir and the neighbor asked me if I was feeding him -_-

Mikey is such a cute dog. When his mouth is open, it looks as if he is smiling. From these pics it doesn't seem to me that he is too skinny.... maybe it's different in person.

He looks like the right weight. Next time explain to the neighbor he is such an energetic boy he burns of calories quickly, but he is at a healthy weight for his breed mix. People are used to pugs being overweight, frankly, but remind them he is half beagle!

And don't worry about the years. Our beloved Great Dane mix Grace started going grey at age 4, and as Danes are only supposed to live 7-ten years, it was worrisome ....but she lived to be 14 1/2 years old!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi, Mikey, brown-eyed muffin! You are very handsome!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi there adorable Mikey! Good to see pics of you. (I need to get some posted of my pups) I think your weight is fine. Many people are used to seeing heavier dogs, who should not be that heavy, and then feel you're too skinny.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Woo hoo, it's MIKEY Time! Oh how I've missed seeing this rascal on my screen Tried to eat a FROG? Yep, typical for Mikey ha ha haaa. Did his mouth get all foamy after the frog sweated out? Defense mechanism in frogs, saved many from my childhood dog Princess, who never seemed to learn.

Love the 'brown eyed muffin' photo as well as "precious muffin (sleeping) and lounging on the stairs.

Weight looks fine, just respond to folks by saying, "his vet loves his trim athletic toned shape, thank you!" And smile. Get 'em every time!

He's so cute, I love his big brown eyes. He definitely looks at a good weight to me, people are just used to seeing overweight dogs...especially being a beagle/pug mix those are two breeds that are almost always overweight, it's so rare to see one that's not fat (especially pugs).

My favorite Puggle! Mikey truly is a character. That photo of him on the stairs is priceless. I really think those big brown eyes are telling you that he wants to come visit Arkansas to come live with a certain someone (*points to self*).

I think Mikey is a great weight. I get that a lot from people, too.
    "Your dog looks hungry, thats the look of hunger in his eyes!" lol
    Like stated, I think people are just used to seeing overweight dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    He's going to be six next month and for some reason I'm dreading it because that's one year closer to ten which is the unlucky number for my dogs. I'm just hoping he breaks that streak. I know it's awful to say that but it just is always at the back of your mind. Especially with his greying face. I think I'm just paranoid.
    Oh my goodness, I know this feeling so well. I swore up and down that I was cursed by not having a pet that would make it past 10 years old. Frisk passed away at 8, Ethan at 9. When my Khaith turned 10 years old last month I was like "THE CURSE IS BROKEN! THE LAND SHALL REJOICE!".
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}