Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
I've lived in NC all my life and it's a great state with wonderful friendly people. We have the ocean to the east, rolling hills in the middle of the state called the Piedmont, and the mountains to the west. Years ago NC was hailed as "Variety Vacationland". I suppose most people think their state is the best... guess it's what you get used to.

Ellie, Once you get to the western part of NC, contact me if you want to meet. My friend and I are quite willing to drive to meet and visit you. ... Kay in central NC
I've always loved NC and I really am looking forward to making that my home. I will miss the close proximity of the ocean that I have now, but it's not too far to travel for a long weekend stay at the Outer Banks. My niece has the motor home up for sale - no way either of us could handle that monster ,and she is looking into a smaller RV - as she calls them - a mini van on steroids! She hopes to be able to retire in a year or two, and is wanting to do some traveling. We have relatives in FL, IL, MN, VT, and of course here in DE, so that alone would keep us busy whenever we wanted to hit the road. Time will tell what happens tho.

Yeah - I suppose that most people think that their state is the best - but I have no great love for DE - other than the beaches. It's actually quite a dull and boring place, and I wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for my ex's job taking him here years ago. It's a nice (mostly) quiet place to live - mostly farmland - and of course we are just a matter of a couple of hours from Philly, DC, Baltimore, and a couple more on top of that to NY. Somehow people get used to the quiet and laid-back lifestyle here, and don't venture far from home tho!!!

And Kay - since you are only about 2 hours from Hickory - then we will definitely get together once I get settled.