Thread: Calling PT kitties... what's your favorite cat tree??

Calling PT kitties... what's your favorite cat tree??

Hey PT, need your kitties' expert opinions...

My boyfriend and I recently bought a house... which means a lot more room for the kitties (I swear, we bought the house for the cats). We have three huge bay windows that would be just perfect for a cat tree for the kitties to lounge on and watch birds outside...

So I was wondering what the PT kitties' opinions were on good, durable, pretty large and inexpensive (as in ~$100 max... I am operating on very limited funds with all of the projects we have going on at the house right now!!!). I've browsed around amazon and PetCo... some of the larger looking ones in my price range have poor reviews.

I am also not opposed to building our own, but with all of the projects we have going on at the house atm I'm not sure if I'll have time to!

Any suggestions would be fantastic......... thank you so much <3

facebook

For now, setting up several empty cardboard boxes - which you must have, moving as you are, with holes cut in some sides but not all, some stacked - would be a good makeshift "jungle gym" until you have a chance to buy or build an official tree! Cardboard and some packing tape can make a great temporary structure.

Are your cats all climbers or tunnelers? Do they like relaxing up on top of something or underneath it? How many kitties need resting spots? Do they like dangling toys or ones that move on the surface? There are so many options, the "best" tree depends on the cats who will be using it!
    I've Been Frosted

I've bought some very good cat furniture at cat shows as well as on e-bay. Here's a link to some discount cat furniture that you might like: http://www.crazycatcondos.com/discou...furniture.html. Here's another link from overstock.com: http://www.overstock.com/Pet-Supplie.../312/dept.html. Good luck and congrats on becoming a homeowner.

Thank you both We have just the two cats... I have a feeling at least one of them will be a climber (they don't really have an opportunity to do so at the condo but I have found Espeon on top of the fridge before). Not so sure if they would play with dangly stuff... I feel like all they would do is use it as a scraching post and lounge on it... we have a scratching post for them now and they both use it all the time. They are *always* in the windows looking outside.

Yikes, I'm sorry I don't see the option to edit posts from mobile (having internet hooked up at the house today so its been turned off at the condo to use the laptop!) but wanted to add... they have been going nuts over the boxes at the condo... especially the ones I bring from work filled with paper packing material... you'd think they died and went to kitty heaven the way they're acting.

This was Freckles favorite
    It's not a cat tree, but it kept her busy.

Here is the cat tree we have out in the dining room. Jax loves to lay on the top especially when the window is open.
    (Oh my, Jax is so tiny!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paiz & Jax.bmp 
Views:	104 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	56822

We also have a smaller basic one in the "cat room" that I don't have a picture of on here. It just has the round tunnel thing (that they never really use) with a scratching post (that Paizly loves) holding up a platform at the top. That one is also in the window so they can sit and look out.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I will have to see if I can find the photo where My Cats are enjoying the Cat Tree that we got from Koxka in Spain. It is now being enjoyed by a new generation of Found Hotel Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Here's a picture of the larger cat trees in the living room. The large one in the middle and the one on the right are both from e-bay. I also have many smaller cat trees/condo's that I either bought at cat shows, Big Lots, or at An-Jan's Feed & Supply Store.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you for everyone's replies. Sorry for the delay - moving has been quite the ordeal. Espeon has handled it like nothing has changed; Voltron, on the other hand, will only come out at night and if something makes a noise he's off to hide again. Maybe a cat tree won't be in their immediate future... I'd hate to scare him with yet another new item (since a new house is still overwhelming to him) but its good to know for the future

of all the cat trees I have, this one is the favorite (I actually have 2 like this).

http://www.petco.com/product/10309/P...opCatFurniture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat tree petco.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	56863

Cat Towers

I love all the ideas and pictures posted in this discussion. I have been shopping around for a cat tower but there are so many choices. Does anyone know what to avoid and what to look for when shopping for a quality cat tower? I've been to a lot of sites, seen a lot of the same products although I found a site with some interesting cat furniture called cat litterbox hiders. Seems like a good idea if you have the room for it, you can see them here http://cattowerstree.com/ I would appreciate any help to find additional sites for cat products, Thanks!