Thread: Introducing miss charlotte aka "charlie"

Hybrid View

Thanks KAK. She's home and in my room and doing great!! I feel so bad for her, as her belly is absent fur because of all the stress.

I found out today that the woman had already dumped the cat at the high kill shelter. The rescue pulled her on June 2nd. This biatch lied to us all saying Charlotte was in a foster home and she was visiting her on a regular basis when, in fact, she was at the high kill shelter. She had been at the shelter for two months before someone pulled her.

Charlotte is doing so well so far. I checked on her a little while ago and she was in the window enjoying the view. I have a feeling this is going to be another easy transition.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That's horrible that the woman was not only lying about where her cat was but that she was at a high kill shelter. I just don't understand how any pet loving owner could do this to their beloved pet. I'm so glad that she was pulled in time. I know she'll do well in your home because it's filled with the love and care that she needs right now. Good luck.

Biatch is too mild a word for this monster! How can anyone dump their beloved pet in a high kill shelter! That's cold and inhuman. I am so happy that Charlotte will now know nothing but love!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

katladyd,

I know, but it IS a family website so...I don't need getting an "ahem" message from Karen. LOL

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That alleged-human previous owner should be dumped at a high-kill shelter!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks for rescuing Charlotte. I hope she acclimates well.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

How wonderful that you could save Charlotte and she is transitioning well. Odd that a "high kill" shelter would hold a cat for 2 months. Here the shelters give them only a week before they PTS. Terrible. I am currently trying to re-home several of mine, as I can no longer take care of so many. As desperate as I am, I would NEVER relinquish them to a kill shelter, or ANY shelter, for that matter. Well, that is another topic and I need to post pics and start a thread about my situation. Not sure how to put up pics, but I will try to figure it out.

Your kindness will be rewarded, moosmom.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs