Thread: Summertime thoughts

Hybrid View

This week has been what I think of as normal summer weather - hot but not too bad, rain at night, thunder, but nothing catastrophic. How is it where everyone else is?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    The weather has been MUCH more tolerable here than it was - a few days were absolutely perfect - clear bright skies, fluffy clouds, low humidity, a nice breeze and actually somewhat chilly first thing in the morning. The afternoons still warm up enough to leave the a.c. set to run if it's needed, but it's running a whole lot less than it was.

Today's been rather cloudy and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. At least we didn't get the torrential rains that Philly got a couple of nights ago - upwards to almost a foot in some areas. My house in NC got some wicked rains the day before that too - roads and bridges washed out in the town where I'll be living - people being cut off and no way out of their homes, cars washed into rivers, etc. and at least one drowning. My house is at the end of a dead-end street and at the bottom of a hill several miles outside of the town, and my niece said the water running down the street looked like a raging river. No flooding at the house tho, except some standing water at the back of the property line, and what runs down the road just keeps going and drops down another hill.

Here's a pic of the house, tho it's not very big since I can't get a good one off of Google, but you can see a little of the dropoff on the right side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hopefully the roads are passable agin for you!

The weather here the past couple days has been nice - upper seventies, maybe 80 - so some people are thinking it is too cold!
    I've Been Frosted