Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post

He's been on crate rest for 5 weeks or so (actually, it's a pen so he can move around but not jump) and initially he had rimadyl and a pain medicine. He doesn't seem to need either of them now and has made a lot of improvement. He walks normally now, but I can see a limp when he tries to run (he is on a leash, so he can't go far, luckily). He had a re-check at the vet last week and they said 4 more weeks of limited activity.
I've had this experience with Maggie (black lab mix who was 5yrs at the time). Did your Vet discontinue the Rimadyl or did you chose to discontinue it?

Rimadyl is a pain med but it also is a anti inflamitory that help the muscle heal while the dog rests. It may be better to continue with it at a reduced dosage. Even thought
the dog walks better doesn't mean the muscle isn't still inflamed & sore. It's very possible to re-injure the leg with exercise. It is possible to heal up with out surgery (my Vet
said (her Golden did) and Maggie can even run now with out limping afterwards. I almost hate to write how well she healed b/c I don't want to jinx her. I wish you the best
of luck with Vallis.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=maggie