Thread: Sad news for Tuxedo Stan COTD June 16, 2013 UPDATE #12

Sad news for Tuxedo Stan COTD June 16, 2013 UPDATE #12

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuxed...ocation=stream

Jun 17, 2013 6:49am

As I write this Tuxedo Stan is outdoors patrolling Catopia and munching on his mother's freshly planted ornamental grass.

I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately his tumor has started growing again and his other kidney is now involved. Blood tests show that his kidney function is beginning to fail. His appetite has been dropping steadily for a number of days as well. Fortunately, his attitude is still good although he tires easily.

Uber Stan Fan Kathie Beth Dreher from California sent Tuxedo Stan and his brother Earl a very special present for their birthday. Here is a short video clip to show you the benefits of medical grade catnip. You can see that Stan still enjoys the finer things in life. (Thanks Kathie!)

We couldn't have gotten through this without the love and support of Stan Fans around the world. I will keep you posted on his condition as the days pass.
    Last edited by Catty1; 09-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Candace, thank you so much for posting this.

I am saying my prayers and we are all sending along healing energies and good warm wishes to dearest Mayor Stan.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Poor little guy. He looks so happy in the video with his catnip toy. I hope he can be kept
    pain free as long as possible.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so sorry. I hope he won't be in great pain. He's beautiful!

I am sorry. I will keep him in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Good update!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuxed...ocation=stream

UPDATE: Tuxedo Stan is doing VERY well. <big smile>
    The tumors in both kidneys have shrunken considerably since his last chemo treatment (cyclophosphamide) 2 weeks ago. He is happy, his appetite is good and he continues to stir up lots of trouble in Catopia. We came close to euthanasia prior to the cyclophosphamide treatment as he was starting to become very lethargic and his appetite was disappearing as the tumors grew.
    Stan will be receiving his final chemo treatment tomorrow morning (vincristine). After that, we will focus on keeping him happy and healthy for as long possible.
    Although his vets give the cyclophosphamide the credit for his turnaround, Tuxedo Stan says it was the well wishes from his supporters that helped pull him through. If that's the case, please keep those words of love and encouragement coming - we read EVERY ONE.
    Thanks again for all your support! STAN FANS ROCK!

What wonderful news! Well done, Stan and your Purrrsons and your vets!

We continue to pray and send along all our warmest healing energies for you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Way to go, Stan! I've had two cats with cancer. It's amazing how well they tolerate chemo, when so many "regular" drugs are highly toxic. Maybe because the doses are at intervals.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

What a BEAUTY he is! I pray he continues to get better.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuxed...91884324181841

From his Facebook page, August 13: As you can see, Tuxedo Stan is losing his impressive mane and his pupils are a little wonky (a sign that the cancer has now spread to his nervous system) but he still enjoys playing in Catopia. We aren't sure how many days our little cancer warrior has left but he is still having fun living ONE DAY AT A TIME.

God bless you, Tuxedo Stan. May you live all your days to the fullest and then depart easily when it is time to go. You are greatly loved, all around the world.

Death thought about it.

Friday Sept 6 2013

UPDATE: Tuxedo Stan's health continues to decline. He is losing interest in food and he sleeps most of the time. He doesn't appear to be in any pain but he is becoming weaker. We expect we will be making a difficult decision soon. Every time we've said this in the past he rallied and made us feel silly so he may have more tricks up his sleeve, but we're not very optimistic...