Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can everyone wish me good luck?

Can everyone wish me good luck?

Hi all,

I'm having a really tough time right now, as is every other University student I'm sure! It's EXAM TIME!! *shudder*

I have exams on Dec. 9, 10, 11, 14 and 18. Plus, I still have two papers to hand in (one tomorrow though.. so it will be over with soon!!). On the 16th, I'm getting fitted for braces (one of two appointments). On the 19th, I pack up all my kitties and finally leave for vacation! It feels like it's years away from now!!

Anyway, it will all go much easier if I have pet talk's prayers and good luck wishes behind me.. I will feel your support! I will keep everyone posted about the tests.

Thanks!

Of course! I remember getting my braces - when they put the bands on my bottom front teeth, I dug fingernail marks right into the enamel paint on the metal chair arms! (My teeth were a real mess, I had had a few pulled to make room, and so those teeth were jammed in tight!)

Ahh! I wasn't scared about the braces visit until I read that!! LOL

I need a small surgery before the braces go on, and he might have to pull up to 4 teeth. I've had teeth pulled before and that doesn't really scare me, but the surgery is so minor I will be awake and I'm not sure I like that! But I'm certainly less nercous about braces than I am about exams!! I think if I had got braces when I was 14, when I first started looking into it, I would be more nervous. But now that I'm 22, I just really want to get them on and get the 2 years over with!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

My thoughts are with you. You deserve a nice, long, relaxing vacation!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Good luck. We'll be holding you in our thoughts and prayers.

Fingers AND paws crossed here for you!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Good Luck!!!

I sat out this semester...only four classes left next semester for graduation ...I'm so not looking forward to going back to the stress of papers and exams.

By getting fitted for braces...you don't mean you're getting them put on, right? I can only imagine how uncomfortable that would be to have done right before your last exam. Hope all goes well. Have a great vacation!!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

oh no I'm not getting the braces put on.. probably not until February!!

She's just gonna have to choke on that pink mushy gunky stuff they put in your mouth to take a mold!!!

And when they did it to me, the nurse actually snuck up behind me and crammed it into my mouth really fast!!!!! So keep your eye out for evil nurses Naomi!!!!!!
    Alyson

Originally posted by aly
    She's just gonna have to choke on that pink mushy gunky stuff they put in your mouth to take a mold!!!

And when they did it to me, the nurse actually snuck up behind me and crammed it into my mouth really fast!!!!! So keep your eye out for evil nurses Naomi!!!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Ok.. I'll be ready to defend myself from anyone evil. Although, they were super nice in that office before, so I think I will be ok. But I will be cautious!!

GOOOODDDD LUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

The part I couldn't stand about fitting for braces is that mushy, cold molding stuff they put on your teeth in that tray! When YLL got fitted for hers, she upchucked all over the dental technician (she was thrilled, let me tell you)! Nobody had warned us to come on an empty stomach, since you might gag on the molding gel. But I shouldn't tell scary stories, since it's wonderful that you're getting braces at any age. It's a great 2-year investment.

Good luck also to you on your exams - I totally can't relate to that because I never attended college , but I have 2 sisters, one with a Masters in Speech Pathology and one with a PhD in Linguistics, so I heard all about their stresses. (I think it's funny how everyone in my family is so interested in speech, languages, and communication - no wonder I talk so darn much!!!) All I know is, they always worried and worried about exams, and in the case of my PhD sister, she always aced them anyway. (She's one of those annoying first-born overachievers ) What's your major?
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

OMG.. I'm now very nervous about gagging. I'm usually pretty good though, so it should be alright.. but.. let's just hope I don't decorate anyone's white coat for Christmas, if you know what I mean.

I'm an English major, which is what I am working on right now. I will be graduating in April. Then I'm going into education. I want to be a high school English teacher.

Originally posted by Nomilynn
    I'm an English major, which is what I am working on right now. I will be graduating in April. Then I'm going into education. I want to be a high school English teacher.
    Sigh..... then you will be my hero, because English was the one subject I LOVED in high school (and one of the few I passed - I had some "issues" back then...). You must protect and defend the proper usage of the English language - our nation's future depends upon it!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I have had a HIGH gag reflex at the dentist my whole life and I didn't throw up when I had the molding. Its icky but not the worst thing they do to ya. You'll handle it fine

YLL - I feel for ya. That must've been a bad experience.
    Alyson

As long as they don't listen to how I talk, it should be ok. I can use proper grammar in writing, but when I talk you would think I'm the typical blonde.. I think it's funny but my mom always shakes her head at me and says "how do you expect those young minds to learn anything from you when you talk like that!!" Of course this is in a JOKING way.