Thread: U.S. Shopping Trip

U.S. Shopping Trip

Today,Mom and her friend Doreen went by bus with other ladies on a 1 day shopping trip to the Salmon Run Mall in Watertown,New York,it is a 175 mile trip,they left here at quarter to 7 from the house to catch the bus at the mall for 7:15,the trip is to take 2 hours and 42 minutes according to Google Street View.They go the 401 Highway to around Kingston,Ontario and cross through into New York State and take Interstate 81.
    Last edited by fritz03; 05-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Wow, your mom is definitely in for a fun trip! Watertown is almost 400 miles away from where I live on Long Island; we`re virtually on the opposite sides of New York. I have been there, though, when passing through to Ontario and I really enjoyed the nice day I had there. Thompson Park is huge and definitely a beautiful place to be in the daytime during good weather. There`s a zoo there as well I believe, but it wasn`t open when I was there. Unfortunately my stay in the town was limited so I did not get to go shopping, but I`m sure since everything else there is or seemed to be quite excellent that the mall will be as well. It reminds me of a larger town with a small-town feel, if that makes any sense.

Your mom will definitely enjoy herself in Watertown! The scenery is beautiful and I`m sure she will have a great time at the mall. Glad she`s taking a trip with her friend (and they`re taking the bus so they don`t have to worry about directions - that was a big setback when I drove up to Ontario with a friend!), and I hope they enjoy themselves to the fullest!

Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Mom's Outing

Mom liked the fact as to going out and on a shopping trip, but she wasn't struck by some of the stores,said they were junky,she did buy some undergarments at a ladies clothing store,that store was the best,wasn't struck on the Target store,one is opening here in November or December,didn't like the Kohl's store there,was at one in Nashville in 2002 it was better than one she was at last weekend.They left here at 7:15 in the morning,didn't get there until quarter to 12,bus had to pick up more ladies on the way,at the border,they took their passports and scanned them and then returned them.Did the same on the way back,asked how much they spent,one was over $200,normally,can't spent that much and bring it across,but they let this person.Maybe next time,may go to Erie,Pennsylvania or the Buffalo area.Took 2 and a half hours on the way back,was a lot quicker coming back form going there.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.