Thread: Amy's eating habits

Amy's eating habits

My tuxedo cat, Amy, absolutely will not share a meal with any of my other furkids , except perhaps with Tiger, and if they are the only 2 in the meal dish, otherwise, I have seen her forfeit eating alltogether! I did not notice this until She got outside last week for a few hours. When she was ready to come back inside, she did not eat with the other 'kids. I knew she was hungry. Also, she does not like fish or canned fish-cat food. Does this sound to anyone to be a bit strange? She is so thin and light-weight that now I feed her separately from the others, as it is the only way I can get her to eat and gain weight.

......wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 12-08-2002 at 10:32 AM.

I do not believe my Fern would eat with others around, either. (they all eat seperately, but I am sure she would be very intimidated by any of the others). But most cats do like the stronger smelling fish varieties. But maybe she is like me and could live very happily without fish. Find out what she DOES like the best and then try to feed her that a little more often. Maybe then she'll fill out a little.

The only way I can feed Maya anything without her younger sister Inka eating it too , is putting it ON the kitchen cabinet where she is allowed to be on . Inka is meowing dramatically then , but as she is still very young , she cannot jump that high yet ... . That spot is also Maya "get-away-from-Inka-spot" too ! This little devil continously wants to play with Maya's tail , and sometimes Maya gets tired of this ... ahum!!

It doesn't sound that strange. Some cats just don't like to eat with others. Our little girl Jan gets her food on a box so that she doesn't have to share the floor with Joxer.

If you are trying to fatten Amy up, maybe an added treat of some kitten food would help. This would give her some extra calories.

Catand. Yes, I would like to fatten her up a bit. She almost looks emaciated, but otherwise, she is spry and in good health. I know if I feed her away from the others, she will eat then, but otherwise she strikes me as not being hungry enough, and couldn't care less about eating plenty. Thanks all for your replies.

.....wayne