Thread: Two in litterbox at same time!

Two in litterbox at same time!

Any ideas as to what is going on here? Maya and Bodhi have 3 litterboxes, one on each floor of the house. They used to basically have one each that they favoured. Lately as soon as Bodhi gets in any of the boxes Maya runs in right after him and does her business at the same time ,even if its only a token drop or two. He never buries his stuff and now he buries her stuff. They are a year old and till now he's been very passive about her ruling the roost. He's getting bolder now especially since my parents moved in with us and now there are 4 people to fuss over them. Anyone else have a similar situation and how did it resolve itself ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

My two Abys are getting older....2 to be exact and I can see that they are really competitive. They have not exhibited any odd behavior with the litter boxes. They do compete with warm spots, toys, food and me! If I say one sweet word to any cat, the other ones come running! Graemer is really dominant over Miley. Gabe takes the middle and Miley is always the one taking the back seat! She, Miley, does fight for her rights sometimes, but usually doesn't - knowing that she is not going to win. Graemer gets down right nasty with her - she has a wad of fur missing on her face right now.... she lost.

I have never heard of cats doing their business at the same time. Talk about competition! WOW! If you can't have privacy while using the "water closet", when can you!

Aren't Abys fun?!!!

SAS Did the competative behaviour start when they were older ?All those loving pics of your two, do they still snuggle together ? Mine rarely do these days. If I call Bodhi, Maya always comes runing too. When we bunny sat for a few weeks this past summer they both would run into the bunnies cage and use his litter pan. Harv ended up sitting in his litter pan most of the time. I didn't like to lock him up in the pen and the cats couldn't keep from sticking their noses and butts in there.

The older....the worse the competition for my two...

lailamara, yes, the older the worse the problem. Yes, they are still friends but less than before. They are much larger than before and don't fit in those oh so tiny places anymore - so they often sleep independently. Miley is on the monitor right now, keeping warm and Graemer is in the rocking chair near the heater. At night they both sleep under the covers with each other and me. They know now that I cannot hold both of them at the same time, as I did when they were little. I think it is just a stage - at least I hope. I think they are being teenagers right now.

Lailamara, may be they are getting together like you and your parents -but in the litterebox?

My furkids, especially my smaller kitties, will sometimes share a litterbox which I do not know why, since there are so many to use, 6 boxes scattered around the house, inidividually.

....wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 12-08-2002 at 11:13 AM.

Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by sasvermont
    They do compete with warm spots, toys, food and me!
    This is the same with Filou and Tigris. They are now 6 (will be 7 in February) and snuggle together very rarely -which they did very often in year 1 and 2.
    Most of the time they avoid each other or struggle. It is often Filou who attacks first (he is very courageous) but at the end he will loose. Like Miley he's missing a sq centimeter of fur in the face at the moment.
    If you play with one, the other will look at you magnetically but not play.
    If Filou lays on a warm spot, Tigris will come, lick him first (faking friendship) but the licking will be harder and harder until -struggle-Filou yowl-Tigris warm spot.
    When you give a treat to one it works like with the toys.
    If one is purring by your side same story: the other one looks hypnotizing.
    Sometimes we think it could be easier with a third but who knows.

Tigris used to attack Filou at the litterbox when it was covered which ended up with Filou avoiding the litterbox and going besides it. Since we have removed the cover, this is fine. Filou does not cover his poop however but from time to time Tigris does this job for him.

Crazy cats. What else should I say.

my cat that died this year,Cookie, and Muffin would do that sometimes
    Faith in God

all my boys like their privacy.........