Thread: Luna's legs are getting weaker (x-ray shot of her spine; #77)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Prayers on the way for you both!!! I know how frightening it is. My Leonardo had severe arthritis and finally got so he could not even stand to use the litter box. I had to let him go at that time. Hopefully, Luna will feel better in a while. Sometimes the weather makes arthrits worse. It sure does mine.
    I'm really sorry that you had to make that decision for your Leonardo. And I really hope things won't go downhill for Luna so quickly. :-(

Lovely pictures of your cats Kirsten but the one of Luna jumping up and the one jumping down made me catch my breath...scary, felt as if I had to do something to help in case she fell... I hope she will start doing better, I hope you can find a way to make her landings softer and lower.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Continued prayers for dear Luna and meowmie!

"Look, Meowmie, I did it!" She's got a little smile on her face too Dear sweet Luna, please be careful

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, I think it's time for a little update on Luna. She's still not well, has her ups and downs... even though she's no longer limping. But often enough, I see her walking around stiff-legged, sometimes her right hind leg is giving in, and I'm sure she's in pain!

I've contacted a holistic animal healer that I know and she gave some advice and recommended several holistic remedies which I have bought. They seem to bring her some relief, but she's still not back to normal. We believe it could be her nerve being affected, due to a herniated disc or something similar. I have also spoken to my vet about this, and she said it's hard to diagnose in cats, and that there wouldn't be much we could do. So I hope the remedies I got for her will ease her pain and discomfort, and if not, cortisone will be an option. I'm so very sorry for my poor Luna girl, especially as Lily is so naughty and keeps chasing her. It's so hard to see a beloved kitty aging!

Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that Luna is still having problems. When I took my RB Starr to a holistic vet she gave him acupuncture treatments and this really relaxed him. Maybe this kind of treatment could also help Luna with her leg pain. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that Luna is still having problems. When I took my RB Starr to a holistic vet she gave him acupuncture treatments and this really relaxed him. Maybe this kind of treatment could also help Luna with her leg pain. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.
    Thank you! Yes, that may be an option for Luna; I wonder if she would like that. She's such a brave little girl!

Kirsten, are you able to give her massage on her legs? I did that with Fister and he seemed to enjoy it. For the last year of his life, he could not jump on my desk or the kitchen counter. I sometimes lifted him up there.

I hope the remedies you got for her, will help. Give her some kisses from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.