Thread: Need to vent a little

Need to vent a little

Just a little tired of rude people I guess. I was walking Clover today after work, it's pretty nice for the first time pretty much.

Anyway I'm walking past a house, (on the opposite side of the road) there is a man, his kids and a dog. The kids are throwing a ball for the dog. Clover is interested and wants to play, so I figured I'd use this as a small training session for her. So I stop and ask for her attention, which after a second I get. I'm asking her to "swing" into her heel position while trying to get her to keep focused on me and not the dog. At this point I'm not really paying attention to the man or the dog.

The dog ran up to the road 2 times (I guess to see Clover), and the man yelled at it to stay. The dog listened. Again, not really paying attention. I was probably only there for a minute or so. The guy then yells at me "My dog will run across the road if you're just going to stand there" But he said it in a very mean/rude way. I mean he could have said hey if you don't mind my dog might cross the road. I honestly figured they wouldn't have their dog off leash on a some what busy road if he didn't have control over it...he made it out to be MY fault for standing there. I sorta just said "...ok..." and started to leave but yelled back "You could have your dog on a leash you know" but I'm very quiet I don't think he heard me.

I'm just a little annoyed I never really got to stand up for myself. I tend to get upset when people are mean or rude and don't think of anything to say right away. I just don't think it's fair that I can stand on the other side of the road with my dog for one minute while I get her focus...it's not like he owns the road.

I actually had something similar happen in the winter. I was trying Clover's new back pack out, which she didn't like lol. So I stopped to take it off. I had my mits on the ground, I was trying to get off all the straps so it took a little bit. A man was standing on the other side of the road with an aggressive dog staring at me. (waiting for ME to move when he could go around) Eventually he says "well are you just gonna sit there?" urg. I had to grab up everything into my arms in a rush and carry it down the road till I could re adjust everything.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

I always think of things I should have said after the fact. But you could have responded to his rude comment with "well then, maybe you should have your dog on a leash, this is a public street last time I checked".

Yes, there are very rude people out in this world that only think of themselves and nobody else. I'm sorry you've encountered a couple of them recently.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What Taz Zoee said!!! If he didn't want to have his dog run in the street, he should've had him leashed. What a jerk!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!