Thread: New series on A&E...Bates Motel

New series on A&E...Bates Motel

I caught the Bates Motel marathon over the weekend. Which caught me up pretty good! I like this series. Its nothing like the movie alhough it looks likes the same house and motel from the outside. Its funny because all the revenue from the town comes from marijuana crops. They are heavily guarded by armed "soldiers". I am always looking for different things to watch. I may even watch Hannibal this Thursday. I missed the first episode so maybe I wont forget to watch this Thursday. Happy show hunting all! I have been watching The Following as well, from day one. This is very dark and not for everyone.

I was not even tempted to watch the Bates Motel, does it have anything to do with the original movies, or is it just the name and the setting?
    I've Been Frosted

I like it too..It is, apparently, the events leading up to the movie Psycho, which would be the ending..it is s quite 'dark' but so is Psycho by Hitchcock..absolutely something different IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I was not even tempted to watch the Bates Motel, does it have anything to do with the original movies, or is it just the name and the setting?
    Sort of, Karen. The mother buys the house & motel after the father dies from a fall from a ladder in the garage. She moves her son there and things go wrong from there. Her sons name is Norman and the house and motel look the same as the movie. It all takes place in current days she has an estranged son that shows up and not welcome at first. Its different but has some violence and sexual content. Norman seems to be somewhat normal but this may change later. The mother seems to be the one with issues! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    I like it too..It is, apparently, the events leading up to the movie Psycho, which would be the ending..it is s quite 'dark' but so is Psycho by Hitchcock..absolutely something different IMO
    Shady, you have beautiful cats...btw!