Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
Well done! I've tried patches, and they do work for me, at least half the day. Just annoying they cost almost as much as cigarettes! I've been smoking around 15 a day for a long time, but in the last few days, I've been down to 6. I want to quit mainly to get healthier, but also to save money. A friend of mine is using the e-cigarettes and I'm considering it, too. There are so many different ones, aren't there? Which ones to choose? I normally smoke Marlboro light. Hmm!
You would probably do good with the e-cigs Randi, and it would be a whole lot cheaper too. There are a lot of different brands, and tons of different flavors too. I smoked menthol, so was just looking for a good menthol flavor. I use the V2 brand, but you can find many different ones just by checking on line. I tried a sample pack of some different flavors too - grape, cola, mint tea, vanilla, etc. The only one I liked in the specialty flavors was coffee - really quite good - and a break from the menthol all the time. There is even a store near where my son works that sells all different brands and custom flavors - some are really ridiculous. I'll stick with the basic since it's doing the job that I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Congratulations, Ellie, we are so proud of you! You are doing yourself, and the world, a lot of good by quitting! Have you begun to notice your sense of smell returning yet? That was one big thing Dad noticed when he quit, years ago.
It has definitely improved my sense of taste. I'm eating so good again that I've gained back almost all of the 10+ pounds that I lost last summer and couldn't put back on. I've broken the 100 pound barrier again!