Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I will be glad when we can get through a sportscast without hearing a certain Suspended-but-playing Yankee's name. Sigh. Why would a manager even want him on the field but to generate publicity?
    Not going to happen.

I doubt Girardi wants anything to do with him, but ownership's possible out on his ridiculous contract was shot down by MLB when they allowed him to return to the field.

If they gotta pay him the remainder of the money they owe him, they might as well play him.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Boooooo Pirates, cards have been knocked out of first place and are trailing by a few games... always seems to happen to us midway through the season! It's ok, we've always been a wild card team, anyway

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Boooooo Pirates, cards have been knocked out of first place and are trailing by a few games... always seems to happen to us midway through the season! It's ok, we've always been a wild card team, anyway
    Yeah, I'm pretty mad about that too and last night's game didn't make me feel any better. The Cards are a better team than that. I'm glad they won that extra inning game a couple of nights ago. Hopefully we can win today and take two out of three from the Pirates.

Even Redbird is hanging his head in shame

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Slugger Field, the AAA Reds affliate made it into second place in the USA Today poll.

It's a wonderful place, they left up the brick facade of an old brick building and built the field behind it - I have been a few times and really love it.

The most expensive regulat ticket is 11 bucks and they have specials like 1.00 dog and soda night, dollar beer night and they also have an All-You-Can-Eat offering in a covered pavillion in right field.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/B2/2...eague-ballpark

I grew up hating the Reds, so I have to suck it up when I go to a game......

It was a pretty good game last night even though the Cardinals got lucky in the 12th. My Buccos are still in first place by two games. Go Bucs!!

Max Scherzer is now 19 - 1

And, he also had a double - knocking in the winning run

Even though Ryne Sandberg is now the manager of the Philadelphia Phillies, he got a huge welcome at Wrigley at yesterday's game. Sorry, Philly but he was a Cub first and he will always be "our" Ryno!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Go Pirates!

The Buccos are in first place again by a game. Our new players are helping out and all of Pittsburgh is Pirate crazy. Raise the Jolly Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    The Buccos are in first place again by a game. Our new players are helping out and all of Pittsburgh is Pirate crazy. Raise the Jolly Roger!
    And a winning season, the first in 20 years!

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    And a winning season, the first in 20 years!

Congrats.
    RICHARD, all of Pittsburgh is winning season happy and post season happy!

Growing up I HATED THE REDS...so, it's pretty funny that I end up in a city who has a farm team associated with the Reds.

I also had a chance encounter with Dusty Baker, the current manager of Cincy, right after he was released by the Dodgers for alleged drug use. I saw him pull up in a silver Porsche and when he got out, I knew who he was!

When I see people I know from sports, TV I don't bother them....So when he took a few swings and came over to sit down and chat with me I was stunned stupid.

He was the nicest guys on the planet, he was genial, humble and took time to talk to me a some kids that were hanging around.

There were 5 cages and one threw at some speed that was faster than 85 miles an hour. He told the kids, "No one throws THAT fast." and I puzzled over that statement because a Major League pitcher was throwing close to 95+.

He was trying to let the kids know that they probably wouldn't face a guy that threw that fast for a long while-the kids were 10-13 years old......

We talked a bit about his release, baseball and when the kids began to ask for autographs, he turned to me and said, "Don't you want one?"

It wasn't done in an egotistical way, it was more like, "Hey, you were nice enough to chat with me and talk to me like I was human, not a Super Baseball Star...."

He gave me two autographs and ever since then I have been a HUGE fan of his, So.......As much as it hurts me to say this - I bleed Dodger Blue -

GO REDS!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Dear Red Sox,

Please, stop winning like that.

The night before last was the worst, as I lost the radio signal from WEEI around Tully, NY and went to work convinced you had lost the game.

Then you make it a 10 inning game and win in the wee hours of the morning.

Last night you're down by 5 runs and get 9 runs to the plate in the last 2 innings.

Knock it off, just win the games without the drama!

On a side note, somewhat along the lines of Richard's situation with the Reds, I'm a Red Sox fan in a Mets town, the local mets AA affiliate is right across the street from the plant I used to work in. When Tony Pena was managing the team, he handed the kids a couple of baseballs out of the bucket in the dugout, which got them into the game.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Dear Red Sox,

Please, stop winning like that.

The night before last was the worst, as I lost the radio signal from WEEI around Tully, NY and went to work convinced you had lost the game.

Then you make it a 10 inning game and win in the wee hours of the morning.

Last night you're down by 5 runs and get 9 runs to the plate in the last 2 innings.

Knock it off, just win the games without the drama!

On a side note, somewhat along the lines of Richard's situation with the Reds, I'm a Red Sox fan in a Mets town, the local mets AA affiliate is right across the street from the plant I used to work in. When Tony Pena was managing the team, he handed the kids a couple of baseballs out of the bucket in the dugout, which got them into the game.
    Tuck and I went to a game and the Bats were losing, as we wandered out to the parking lot - I purposely walked slowly because it wasn't MY IDEA to leave early - we made the sidewalk along the fence outside the stadium, a few hits and a run score, then the crowd goes crazy as the game winning hit was delivered in the bottom of the ninth.

We looked at each other and laughed, I think it was them we realized that we 'might' be bad juju for the team?

----------------------

Remember.

One ball, one strike, one run is all you need.

This is a photo of the Louisville Bats home field, Slugger Park. After a long estrangement with the sport, I think my heart is once again full with the idea that I Really Love Baseball. It was taken with a Nikon camera and the multiple shots were stitched together with the software that came with it.

Name:  Panorama1_zps76b81c3e.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  37.1 KB

It's a wonderful park.

I finally got to experience a rain delay, lightning, high winds, the groundskeepers covering the field during one game. In Lost Angeles, the Dodger have only had 17 rainouts in 50 plus years of playing.....

The tickets are cheap, the prices reasonable and every seat is a good seat. They have a pretty good selection of food - my NEXT goal is to eat a foot-long corn dog I saw a kid eating...a regular corn dog is kinda non-spectacular.

I must have stared at this kid for about 5 minutes trying to figure out what he was eating, no go......Then another kid walked by and I managed to put 2 and 2, together.

I am glad that baseball has returned to it's previous state, No ridiculous record chases (PEDs anyone), no overbearing stars - I don't count Alex R or Ryan B - just good old baseball.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I am glad that baseball has returned to it's previous state, No ridiculous record chases (PEDs anyone), no overbearing stars - I don't count Alex R or Ryan B - just good old baseball.
    Yeah, and the last couple games - Red Sox versus Yankees - have all been "slug-fests" - which makes for fun game watching even if they kept us watching until the last out! When these two teams go at it, one never knows what will happen. Today's score - 13 to 9 (Red Sox won), and there were only two inning in which neither team scored a run!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah, and the last couple games - Red Sox versus Yankees - have all been "slug-fests" - which makes for fun game watching even if they kept us watching until the last out! When these two teams go at it, one never knows what will happen. Today's score - 13 to 9 (Red Sox won), and there were only two inning in which neither team scored a run!
    I was up early this morning and scanning the usual channels, weather and sports when I saw this little tidbit about the arse whopping the Yanks got in back-to-back games.

NO team had scored 12 runs in back-to-back games against them since 1907.

--------------------------

One of the things that is fun about baseball is that there are limitless records, tidbits, scores, accomplishments that show up every so often.

Like back-to-back-to-back homeruns? I was at Dodger Stadium that day, It was a double header against the Expos!

While I get RISP, BA, and ERA? I was looking at some of the newer, more in-depth stats and had to laugh...

Batting average with men on base, two outs, three strikes, in innings ending in the letter "D", with the cost of a soda at 4.00, during a day game-with two or more vowels in the name with Mercury in retrograde.....

---------------

CHECK THIS OUT.

I found this site and was stunned at first! This is so cool I had to share it...

http://www.backtobaseball.com/

Pick the date and the game you want to see and watch what happens!