Thread: Mlb 2013!

Hybrid View

I lost the signal on my commute right after Ortiz hit the homer.

I love listening to baseball on AM radio. Depending on the night, I either pick up a skip from WEEI in Boston directly, or from their affiliate in Hartford, or ESPN radio in Maryland, Cleveland, Chicago, or NYC, as the skips are stronger than the local radio stations.

The only thing missing is someone to play cribbage with while listening, but I think the boys in the blue and gold cars would object to adding that into the mix.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I am not the only one who likes listening in the car? Gotta stem from our childhood, with the games on the kitchen radio …

For confused folks, the station that carried the baseball games when we were growing up, before cable came to the hills of our small town, was only clear enough to watch when the leaves were off the trees, so most of baseball was radio only!
    I've Been Frosted

I love listening to baseball on AM radio. Falls in the same category mentally as fried chicken and mac and cheese.

Frankly, I prefer it to watching on TV most of the time, especially if it's a national broadcast team. I was actually considering getting a satellite radio system for the house for next season as WEEI's skip doesn't come in at the house, so I think I can get the NESN radio broadcast that way without dealing with the MLB blackout rules.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.