Thread: Mlb 2013!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I am glad that baseball has returned to it's previous state, No ridiculous record chases (PEDs anyone), no overbearing stars - I don't count Alex R or Ryan B - just good old baseball.
    Yeah, and the last couple games - Red Sox versus Yankees - have all been "slug-fests" - which makes for fun game watching even if they kept us watching until the last out! When these two teams go at it, one never knows what will happen. Today's score - 13 to 9 (Red Sox won), and there were only two inning in which neither team scored a run!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah, and the last couple games - Red Sox versus Yankees - have all been "slug-fests" - which makes for fun game watching even if they kept us watching until the last out! When these two teams go at it, one never knows what will happen. Today's score - 13 to 9 (Red Sox won), and there were only two inning in which neither team scored a run!
    I was up early this morning and scanning the usual channels, weather and sports when I saw this little tidbit about the arse whopping the Yanks got in back-to-back games.

NO team had scored 12 runs in back-to-back games against them since 1907.

--------------------------

One of the things that is fun about baseball is that there are limitless records, tidbits, scores, accomplishments that show up every so often.

Like back-to-back-to-back homeruns? I was at Dodger Stadium that day, It was a double header against the Expos!

While I get RISP, BA, and ERA? I was looking at some of the newer, more in-depth stats and had to laugh...

Batting average with men on base, two outs, three strikes, in innings ending in the letter "D", with the cost of a soda at 4.00, during a day game-with two or more vowels in the name with Mercury in retrograde.....

---------------

CHECK THIS OUT.

I found this site and was stunned at first! This is so cool I had to share it...

http://www.backtobaseball.com/

Pick the date and the game you want to see and watch what happens!

The Cubs are 63 and 88. When is this season going to be over?! Ricketts family, why oh why would you want invest in extensive Wrigley Field renovations for a team that just can't seem to win?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Here's a pretty detailed chart of the current standings, and projected playoff spots et al - pretty interesting!

http://mlb.si.com/2013/09/18/pennant...?sct=mlb_t2_a2

They say they will update it daily ...
    I've Been Frosted

The NL Central race is so nerve wrecking....!!!!! Cards are currently in 1st... hopefully up by another game tonight....... it makes me so nervous with the Pirates and the Reds only being within 2 games behind us...!

facebook

Yep, right now we are up by two vs Pittsburgh. I'm watching todays free game online, so far no score in the second. Pittsburgh right now are winning their game. We shall see what happens. GO CARDS!!!

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Sad loss last night. But it is so typical of us to blow a game like that when we had the odds in our favor SO MANY TIMES. Bases loaded with 1 out?! Of course we'd blow it. Booooo.

Still up, but barely!

facebook