Thread: The AG-Gag Bill In Indiana

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Why are these agra businesses trying so hard to cover up their abuse, neglect, and deplorable conditions?
    Why??? Because they can and also get away with it. And they don't really have to try all that hard either. Afterall, so many of the governing powers just turn a blind eye to it anyway. I'm sure that they can justify themselves by saying - "Big deal - what's the difference - they're just animals with no feelings that are going to be killed so that they can be eaten anyway!!! So why do they need to be treated humanely??" Yup - there's the disgusting explanation.......

ETA:
    BTW Eileen - kudos to your uncle and all of those like him, for his ethical method of farming. We can only hope that there are still a lot more like him out there among all of the money-grubbing enterprises that call themselves "farmers".
    Last edited by pomtzu; 04-08-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

When the "animal rights" groups have been caught on a number of occasions creating the taped evidence, they're begging legislatures to pass bills like this.

Beware the law of unintended consequences.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    When the "animal rights" groups have been caught on a number of occasions creating the taped evidence, they're begging legislatures to pass bills like this.

Beware the law of unintended consequences.

Bull S*** Name any examples of false evidence. Agriculture is big business & producting product is all they think of. The "product" is living, breathing animals who
    deserve humane treatment.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Classy, Liz.

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlin...nclick_check=1

http://www.furcommission.com/saving-...l-snuff-films/

2000: America’s NBC Dateline uses video provided by the Humane Society of the US, produced as part of the animal rights group’s boycott campaign against the use of karakul lamb (broadtail) pelts in clothing. The video, shot in Uzbekistan, claims that Russian karakul is produced from unborn lambs removed from pregnant ewes killed for this purpose. Common sense, of course, tells us that killing breeding ewes for the value of lambskins would quickly put the sheepherder out of business. Sworn affidavits from the producing regions attest that this is not practiced and that the claim made by HSUS is false. Among them is anunequivocal written judgement of the video’s authenticity by Uzbek Karakul Company, which states: “Having thoroughly investigated the matter, we can confirm that the killing sequence in the footage was staged. The sequence was taken at the request of HSUS representatives, following a scenario suggested by them. The farm workers (Hasan, Zakir, Mutfullo, Fachretdin) were asked personally by the HSUS representatives to bring a sheep, cut off its head and remove the unborn lamb.”

And on, and on, and on.....

And paying witnesses (ringling Bros)

and on, and on........
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Classy, Liz.

And on, and on, and on.....

RETRACTION

An earlier headline stated that outside observers say PETA videos are staged. The Pioneer Press retracts that statement. PETA was not accused of staging its videos. The Pioneer Press apologizes for its earlier headline.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    RETRACTION

An earlier headline stated that outside observers say PETA videos are staged. The Pioneer Press retracts that statement. PETA was not accused of staging its videos. The Pioneer Press apologizes for its earlier headline.
    That was the HEADLINE.

Read the story, not just read the retraction.

Obviously you stopped at the retraction because it fit. In addition, I'm willing to bet the sole reason the headline was retracted (NOT THE STORY) is that PETA has deeper pockets than the newspaper.

More on this issue in today's New York Times:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/op...uses.html?_r=0

I'm glad the Times is covering this. They are bringing the whole matter to the attention of the public at large (at least, the public that follows the Times..).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Bull S*** Name any examples of false evidence. Agriculture is big business & producting product is all they think of. The "product" is living, breathing animals who
    deserve humane treatment.
    All they think of is profit?

Abused cows don't give milk.

Abused cows also lose weight rapidly and are almost worthless as beef cattle.

If all they think about is profit then their animals should be fine.