Signed!!! I did a lot of my growing up on my uncle's dairy farm upstate New York. My cousins loved having the "city kid" around to help out with the work that needed to be done, this city kid thought it was a lot of fun. There was no abuse or mistreatment of any animal there. My uncle wouldn't stand for it! The cows spent most of the day out in the pasture grazing and free to move around as they wanted to. Newborn calves were treated gently and with care but we never interfered with the babies' time with their mothers. The vet came by on a regular basis to check on the farm animals and give treatment or advice as needed. Even though my uncle made his living from the farm, it was a family thing. This is what farming is supposed to be.

Agra-business isn't what I remember growing up. Unfortunately, the family farm has been negatively impacted as a result. Why are these agra businesses trying so hard to cover up their abuse, neglect, and deplorable conditions? We, as consumers of farm products, have every right to know where these goods are coming from as well as the conditions under which they are being produced.