Thread: Make me choose, you're gonna loose!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So, I'm dealing with a sort of related issue.

I have 13 pets -- plus fish. As I meet men, or read about them online, I start to wonder about the ones who have dogs and cats - especially the guy who had a total of 4. Really? Am I going to pursue this relationship, see how it goes, with the possibility that we may have to blend into one household with 17 pets? Yes I DID have 15 pets for over 2 years, it was chaos. It was MY chaos and I was very VERY fortunate everyone got along.

At this point in time, do I have to look for a guy who loves animals and doesn't have any pets?? I get a headache thinking bout it!

Sorry Gayle, probably doesn't belong in your thread, but you seem comfortable with how you handled the issue you had.
    I was lucky and my hubby loves animals but didn't have any when I met him. Of course at one time we have had upwards of your numbers, Freedom. Currently we are down to 5 dogs, 1 cat (mothers), and 3 guinea pigs in the house...
    RIP: Misty - Pomeranian
    Pearl - French Bulldog

Dixie - Pug

Lola - Pit/Boxer Mix

Sugar - Cane Corso

Veera,Festus, BigMac - cats
    Zeus, Bubbles, Kruzer, Hatter - guinea pigs

To give a little more detail as to why this was such a surprise. He knew I had cats at the start. I knew he didn't like the hair so I had lots of lint rollers. I also advised early on that if he made me choose my cats would win every time. He pet them. He bought them toys for Christmas. I thought things were pretty good. Then we broke up, then came the shocking request.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

This thread makes me think of Paul's first encounter with my family ... as soon as he sat on the living room couch, Gracie (3/4 Great Dane) joyfully covered his face with kisses, which he endured patiently, until I told her to stop just to give him a break! She then proceeded to LEAN on him, which turned into the very first thread ever on Pet Talk many years later!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    This thread makes me think of Paul's first encounter with my family ... as soon as he sat on the living room couch, Gracie (3/4 Great Dane) joyfully covered his face with kisses, which he endured patiently, until I told her to stop just to give him a break! She then proceeded to LEAN on him, which turned into the very first thread ever on Pet Talk many years later!
    That is a sweet story!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!