Thread: Make me choose, you're gonna loose!

Hybrid View

Really?! What a grade-A, five-star, galactic class, platinum-plated JERK!!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You made the right choice. I honestly cannot see myself giving up my pets for someone else.

I don't even know what to say to this. Give up your cats?!? The beautiful family members who stood by you at your lowest and highest points.....don't know you that well, but I'm thinking you're saying "NOT"!!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. Although I was pretty certain how that would turn out.

I am still appalled that he would even suggest such a thing. And no, he is not an animal person in the slightest. But he never truly expressed a problem with my cats, just their hair. Anyways I've not heard a peep from him since I told him "ABSOULTELY NOT" to his ridiculous suggestion that I rid myself of my cats to be with him. Thing is, now he's scuttled any attempts to "take it back" or to have any sort of relationship with me because now I don't trust him around my kitties. They are my world, they saw me thru the darkest of times, they are my true friends, family and furkids. No one messes with my kitties!!! So bye, bye dumb a$$. Not once did I have issues with his 2 skin children.

Sheesh, I sure pick the winners!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

No need to wonder where my support lies-- I was stunned when I read this jerk wanted you to give up your cats for him. No way would I EVER give up any pet for anyone . People also know that they're more than welcome in our house BUT this is my dog's home also, my dogs get first dibs no matter who the guests are as long as they are behaving .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I actually just laughed when I read what he said to you. Really? As others said, he obviously doesn't know YOU.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Geez, yeah definitely don't waste your time on that. I told my hubby long ago that if he asked me to choose him or the dogs I'd choose the dogs....not because I love the dogs more than him but because if he loved me he'd know that getting rid of the dogs is not something I could ever do, and something no one that loved me would try to make me do. That would be like making me choose between being myself and not being myself, having the dogs is a part of who I am. Needless to say he has not and never will make me choose (and no he never said he was going to make me choose or anything like that I just warned him ahead of time to not try because he would lose lol- and I love him dearly).

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Thing is, now he's scuttled any attempts to "take it back" or to have any sort of relationship with me because now I don't trust him around my kitties.
    Take that very seriously after some of the stuff I've read online that people do to a boy/girl friends pets to get rid of them.

My furkids come first. Might never have a man again, so be it. He'd have to prove himself to be a true animal lover!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

People who say "your animals or me" are just creeps.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I would never give up my cats for anyone. If I was dating someone, one of my first questions would be do you like cats? I wouldn't want to waste my time with someone who didn't.

If he's that demanding after dating only a few months, imagine what he would be like as a partner. Of course you made the right choice. How could he expect that you would give up your furkids? Ridiculous!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11