Thread: Caring for old Myndi

Threaded View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Caring for old Myndi

Taking care of this old girl, is somewhat like taking care of a baby, all over again. I sure don't mind it, and as long as it keeps her safe and happy, then I'm all for it.

Being that she has a problem with those old back legs of hers, she really needs a pretty solid surface to be able to walk right. She sleeps on the bed with me at night which is solid, but just soft enough to sometimes have her lose her balance a little. She has taken a tumble off the bed on several occasions - I'll hear a thud in the middle of the night - and sure enough - she's on the floor! One night I heard it and jumped up and couldn't find her - she had fallen down between the bed and nightstand and couldn't get out. Well I sure don't need her breaking anything - or worse - so now I had to come up with a solution to prevent this. So I took the baby gate and put it up at the head of the bed, between the bed and nightstand so she couldn't fall down there anymore. So what does she do??? - falls off a little further down where the gate doesn't protect her. So I ended up having to buy one of those guard rails that are used to keep toddlers from falling out of bed. So far - so good - and no more thuds in the middle of the night. She's actually quite content to sleep up at the head too, since I've been putting the super soft and comfy pillow bed that she and Sparky both loved, on the bed.

She's been doing much better with her potty problem, but I was keeping a baby diaper on her at night. Such a pain to get to fit right and having to cut a hole in them for her tail - and she hated them!!! So I bought her cute panties which I just put a pad in, and they are so much easier to put on her too. She doesn't even seem to mind them - guess because I tell her they look cute on her. I've ordered her another pair too - I got them from the lady that I got Sparky's belly bands from. She does such quality work - all made to order/great workmanship/low price - not like the mass produced junk at high prices that are found most places.

Oh - what we won't do for our little furry kids......

A few pics - of her sleeping arrangement and modeling her new fancy pants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myn b'day 17-2013016.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	952.6 KB 
ID:	56047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myn b'day 17-2013019.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	721.8 KB 
ID:	56048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myn b'day 17-2013021.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	808.2 KB 
ID:	56049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	other 2013002.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	942.1 KB 
ID:	56050  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~