Well it sure has been an eventful 48 hours!

Lost power for 22 hours, worst of that was no heat. Glad that came back on. I tend to be a problem solver, so it is frustrating to have an issue and not be able to WORK ON IT! I put coats on the dogs and we frequently got in the bed to snuggle. Lacey was shivering and NOT PLEASED. The other 3 did alright, and the cats alternated snuggling in the bed with me or snuggling in pet beds together.

I have a gas range so could use the stove top for cooking, which was great. I need to find out how to light my oven for heat so I know for next time.

Now for the outstanding issue: I have no TV, phone or computer service. I use Verizon FIOS. My transmitter box in the cellar got zapped! I have a technician appt. the earliest they had was Friday afternoon. So I will not be on here often, till this gets fixed. Having to use my cellphone is a riot as I am not normally a cell user. I spent half an hour this morning just figuring out features, setting up a few contacts, some speed dials (Mary Ellen is part of both of those ha haa). At one point I deleted the 2 I had set up and had to start over GAH! Minor inconvenience, not complaining AT ALL as having no heat was a huge deal and helps put things in perspective.

I do have home delivery of the newspaper so I will have some news coming in, thank goodness!

I have some photos but can't share them till the computer is back. I am currently using one of the computers at the nursing home where my Dad is, in their Internet cafe. Not sure how often I will get online till things get fixed at home.