Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post Office Ending Saturday Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I remember when I was a real young kid, that we got 2 mail deliveries each day during the Christmas holiday season. Those days are looooong gone.
    The way we sort mail now there's no need for 2 deliveries per day.

However, universal service is still the standard, the Postal Service, unlike UPS and FEDEX is not allowed to pick and choose who gets what level of service.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Well, as slow as the mail delivery already is, I might have to resort in paying on line. My gas and telephone bills both went out on the first. That means they really didn't get into the mail system until the 4th. Here it is the 11th and neither of them have shown up. My telephone bill is usually the first one I get every month.
    The electricity and water bills have both come so what has the post office done with my gas and telephone bills?

Gee, I can hardly wait for the service to get sloooooowwwwweeeeerrrrrr!!!!! And to think we are getting to pay more for this!!!!!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

The AD at my son's school works for the USPS, and has for years. To him, it is just not a big deal, at all. He also doesn't really think it will go into effect.

I still insist we will all survive. Heck, I don't mail much personal mail anymore, and even business mail is about 45% email generated. Saves trees.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Well, as slow as the mail delivery already is, I might have to resort in paying on line. My gas and telephone bills both went out on the first. That means they really didn't get into the mail system until the 4th. Here it is the 11th and neither of them have shown up. My telephone bill is usually the first one I get every month.
    The electricity and water bills have both come so what has the post office done with my gas and telephone bills?

Gee, I can hardly wait for the service to get sloooooowwwwweeeeerrrrrr!!!!! And to think we are getting to pay more for this!!!!!!!
    It could be that the Post Office has delivered your check, but the gas and phone companies have not yet processed them. Usually the payments are sent in to a separate division - or sometimes even a whole separate company - that processes and logs them in in their own time, so you cannot blame the USPS for that!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    The AD at my son's school works for the USPS, and has for years. To him, it is just not a big deal, at all. He also doesn't really think it will go into effect.

I still insist we will all survive. Heck, I don't mail much personal mail anymore, and even business mail is about 45% email generated. Saves trees.
    Okay, so let's run an equivalent experiment, after all, the Constitution is old and outdated.....

Let's give people in some cities (second tier cities, like Worcester,MA, Akron, Ohio, etc..) Different freedom of speech rights than those in LA and New York.

That's fair, right? No big deal? After all, it probably wouldn't affect YOU.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

the offices themselves will still be open on Saturdays so at least I'll still be able to drop packages off and buy stamps and stuff.

LOL. Comparing First Amendment rights to the stoppage of mail delivery? O.M.Goodness. You have come totally unhinged.

LOL. Comparing First Amendment rights to the stoppage of mail delivery? O.M.Goodness. You have come totally unhinged.
    Totally unhinged?

How so?

Both are Constitutional mandates.

If you don't think mail delivery is a necessity any longer, amend the document and delete the offending passage. The process exists, it has been done before, but you don't just ignore a part of the Constitution because it is a personal inconvenience.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 02-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.

If you think that's bad, don't you ever use the words ASSAULT and WEAPON in the same sentence. Total meltdown. LOL.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If you think that's bad, don't you ever use the words ASSAULT and WEAPON in the same sentence. Total meltdown. LOL.

Liz, unless you have something constructive to add to the discussion at hand? GTHO.

I really gave you more credit than to stoop to Sara's BS. Evidently I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Totally unhinged?

How so?

Both are Constitutional mandates.

If you don't think mail delivery is a necessity any longer, amend the document and delete the offending passage. The process exists, it has been done before, but you don't just ignore a part of the Constitution because it is a personal inconvenience.
    What do we need to do to get rid of the SOTU address??

I just change the channel, but I want something more permanent....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    What do we need to do to get rid of the SOTU address??

I just change the channel, but I want something more permanent....
    File a change of address card.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    File a change of address card.
    Those cost one dollar, I ain't falling for that....

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It could be that the Post Office has delivered your check, but the gas and phone companies have not yet processed them. Usually the payments are sent in to a separate division - or sometimes even a whole separate company - that processes and logs them in in their own time, so you cannot blame the USPS for that!
    It wasn't the payments I sent. I've never received the bills so I can pay them. OOPS!!! Correction, the telephone bill just came!!! Took it 13 days to get here. If it takes that long for my payment to get back to them, I'll owe a late fee. Still no sign of the gas bill.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

MoFf, call your congressman and the utility companies and let them know.

They are paying for 1st class mail, which is supposed to be 2-3 day delivery. If that isn't happening, they need to hear about it.

The utility companies are going to understand, as they are going to be getting more and more late payments due to Postal Management's outright fraud.

Congress needs to hear about it as well, as they have oversight of the Postal Service.