What makes me laugh is that I never have and real problems with the USPS and everytime I walk into a PO I make it a point to tell whoever is helping me that they do do a good job.

What EFFING IRRITATES ME is that I sometimes get the impolite AH in front of me that has to harrass some clerk that is there to help them.

I thank god my mom was in retail for a zillion years and would come home and tell us about the ONE PERSON who was a total schmuck - and that ruined her day. (She cried more than a few times).

The post office has no control over the fact that some people mail their payments out the day before they are due (guilty, more than once)

The PO has no control over the weather or a cancelled flight, I don't think they even have control over the semis that have to deliver trailers of mail, via the interstate system.

The PO clerk has no control over you putting three old stamps, in order to make up the new postal rates, because people are too busy to get to the PO or didn't think enough to buy forever stamps (Guilty)

The PO isn't responsible for a misaddressed envelope, putting the payment slip in backwards or having it slide into a postion where it cannot be read.

The PO isn't responsible for the folded envelopes that you put into the post, that are fed into the machine and cause the effer to jam. (Guilty, guilty, guilty....)

There are a few other things that I want to rant about but people will say that I am an apologist for the PO.

I have no vested interest in the PO, nor do I have any connections to the PO other than watching to poor guy running down the street in some screwed up weather, trying to get me my packages in the middle of a snow storm.

---------

One thing about living in CA is that the west coast had many 'payment processing centers' in NorCal, so sending a payment from El Lay to San Fran was an overnight -at best - trip and the checks were cashed so fast that I had to rely on change or Top Ramen to finish out a week....

------------

Sometimes is way too easy to point the finger at the "Big Generator".....

How's about having the people that fund the PO take a little time to look at the problems associated with the system and reform it?

Naw, that would be too easy and what would we then complain about?