Thread: Damn, things are getting worse with Luna and Lily!

Hybrid View

Dear Kirsten, would Feliway help at all ? Or perhaps Prozac, as some have suggested.

Hoping and praying things will work out soon with your girls.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you very much for the advice, and for listening... I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with feline terror.

However, the past two nights have been better; last night, they slept in my bed together without any problems, and the night before, Luna left the bed before Lily attacked her. Luna rested for a while in her kitty bed, then came back into my bed, and Lily tolerated it.

Actually, I don't want to put Lily on any psycho drugs such as prozac because most of the time, she's just sweet and good natured. However, she can be bossy, and very demanding, but in many ways, she's easier to handle than Luna. Anyway, instead of meds, I'd rather try something holistic, bach flower remedies maybe. I used Feliway in the past and it didn't seem to help, but I'm willing to give it another try. Also, Lily will get a time-out in another room the next time she's acting like that!

During the daytime, they're okay, sleeping most of the time in their kitty bed together, usually in identical positions. They always did that; remember that I used to refer to them as my "synchro kitties"? I just wish Luna had a little more self-esteem so she could cope with Lily's antics. Lily seems to be power-tripping every now and then, and Luna just doesn't know how to deal with it. Here it shows that she has been taken away from her kitty mom at the age of only 6 weeks, whereas Lily enjoyed a happy kittenhood where she learned all the feline skills. I think it was a mistake bringing her home, but well, too late now, I should have thought about that 10 years ago...

Here's their kitty bed where they're spending a lot of time during the day, and they never fight in there:

I had the same thing happen with my 2 boys. They kept getting worse and worse and I tried all sorts of things short of prescription drugs. I ended up keeping one of them in a big cage at all times (they each had a 12-hour shift) while I tried to convince my parents to take one of them. They have Havoc now and he's very happy to be the only kitty. He's a neurotic little thing and whenever he had one of his freakouts Toby would attack him (actually Toby would attack ME, as I was trying to grab either one of them to put in kitty time out)

Glad your girls have settled down though. Hopefully they will remain tolerant of each other

What a nice picture of the two girls on the kitty bed! That looks promising for future kitty harmony.

I don't think it was a mistake you bringing either of them home. They and you are SO well bonded! You all will work this out.

Continuing prayers and good wishes,
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat, I hope you're right, and there are at least a few moments in which they appreciate each other's company!

aTailOf2Kitties, that sounds really bad! I think before one of mine would be ending up in a cage, or getting drugged, I'd rather rehome one of them as well, but I don't think it's necessary here. Glad you've got your situation solved!

BTW, here's another one of them in their kitty bed; it's not a great picture, but you'll get the idea. This is how they're spending their days, and while in their bed, Luna doesn't seem to feel too uncomfortable with Lily next to her. And yes, I know that Luna put on way too much weight.

when I think of Luna and Lily, this is exactly how I picture them! I hope there will be many moments when they appreciate one another's company. Sending you hugs, kisses, snuggles and lovies, Lily and Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Same scenario in my house, only with Pouncer coming to me first. Them Mystic shows up and the growling starts.

I don't understand why Pouncer let Mikey and Flutter share the bed but not Mystic.

By any chance did this take place either on a full moon or no (new) moon??

My cats change with the moon.....scary, huh?!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

How about calming collars for them both? I swear by them! My niece has two cats (females) that tolerate, at best, each other. The collars did the trick!! They are both beautiful, Kirsten!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    How about calming collars for them both? I swear by them! My niece has two cats (females) that tolerate, at best, each other. The collars did the trick!! They are both beautiful, Kirsten!
    I wish that these worked on both of my girls. I tried them and they didn't do anything for them. My home would be so peaceful if only Pearl & Ziggy would just learn to get along with all of their brothers. I hope that Luna & Lily are getting along better now.