Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pichu

Pichu

Pichu, my sweet fluffy boy is at the Rainbow Bridge, where he will be forever young and healthy.

We had to let him go yesterday, when it looked like he was not going to get better anymore.

I met Pichu outside of my apartment building in August 2003 when I was going out with my sister one August evening. He looked like a dandelion. His fur was so beautiful, his face was so sweet and he was so trusting, nothing like the other few ferals we had there. We stopped to pet him and give him some scritchies and then went on to have pizza. All that time at the restaurant, we talked about how sweet he was and how he didn't look feral. By the end of the meal, we couldn't wait to get back and see if he was still there, because we realized he was probably someone's cat that they just put outside. We got back and we couldn't see him. Both Carolina and I were quiet that evening, we felt like we missed the chance to rescue the kitten.

Two days later, coming from work, I saw two little girls playing on a bench with him and when I stopped to talk to them, the girls tried to convince me to adopt him I still think it's sweet that the little girls were also trying to find a place for him. I found out from them that he had been someone's kitten and that the family didn't want him anymore and just let him out (their loss, my win). I took the little ball of fur and from the first floor to the sixth, I knew he had found a home - my home.

Juni did not agree with me - we had to tie her to the foot of the bed so that she wouldn't attack the kitten. We found out that she knew how to swear like a pirate - WOW! It didn't take long and he earned his name Pichu (means little boy in Romanian) and he learned how to play. Very soon we figured out he was going to be a pretty big and muscular cat, so everybody wondered why Piciu, when he was such a big boy.

Pichu was always a sweet cat. To everyone - cat, child, adult, dog. He was really loved by all the children that visited us - he played with them, took all the abuse that came with it with such grace and positive attitude.

There was no better helper than Pichu either - he helped me write my papers, my sister with her designs and my brother with developing software. When Greg would come tired from work, Pichu would purr like a tractor on his lap. Pichu was famous for his extraordinary kneading - he would get in the zone and just knead away with his front paws and his hind paws would twitch too, and he wouldn't even see or hear what was going on around him.

He had a good last weekend - we had some friends over and he played with their little girl all day, walked outside, enjoying the wind in his whiskers and the birds chirping. He gave himself one of his famous baths until his belly was soaking wet.

There was no better kittycat than Pichu - he welcomed three other cats in his home without any complaint. He moved around with me from place to place in Chisinau and then to Germany, and then to Kansas. We wish we could have had more time with him, but he gave us almost ten years of happiness, joy and loving. He had a good life with us and we had a good time with him.

He is resting on his favorite catbed, by the martins' house, where he can listen to the martins chirping and all the other birds from the trees by the creek.

I am so sorry to hear this. I remember he was not well at all, but did regain some well-being and happiness with some medication.

What a beautiful and blessed boy he was and is, and how special.

Play like a kitten at the Bridge, dear Pichu.

ETA: Pichu in the Cuties box. What a gorgeous boy!

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in peace, handsome boy. You had a good life, full of love as every kitty should.
    I've Been Frosted

Sweet fluffy Pichu, you are the most precious Cutie. ((((HUGS)))) to your meowmie.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That is sad when Our Cats go on before we want them to and before the time normally alloted to Our Cats.
    Pichu you are such a very Good Cat with a kind gentle nature and we know that all of Our Awesome Angels will be there for you and at the King's Buffet you and Salmon Angel will get the first plate and the first fly around the food trays.
    I know that you will miss your Family and Cats but you will start your search soon for that place where you will all be together gain in love in Paradise.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry- I had the chance of meeting Pichu in Chisinau and in Germany and he was such a wonderful sweet and loving boy who really enjoyed visitors. His life was far too short but it was the best life a kitty could have. He will live forever in our hearts.

I am so sorry for your loss of Pichu. I hope memories of his last good weekend with you will bring happiness and some comfort
    in the days to come. Rest In Peace sweet Pichu.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am very sorry for your loss. RIP dear Pichu.

I am sorry sorry about Pichu. He is now at the RB and is happy and healthy. I hope that you are doing okay

I am so very, very sorry for you on the passing of your beautiful, beloved Pichu. What a sweet cat! Deepest sympathy. May all your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

Rest in peace, darling Pichu, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, a radiant Angel now sending down your love to your special family.

God's blessings to you all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry for your loss. Peace in this time of mourning.

RIP, sweet Pichu, your journey to the RB is undoubtedly complete; you had much love to lift your wings.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I enjoyed reading about your time together and hope that those memories of happier times help your heart heal.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Godspeed, Little Boy.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

My gosh this is so sad. Too many furry ones making the trip these days. RIP little Pichu. Say hi to Merlin when you see him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Vio, I'm so sorry to hear you have lost Pichu, he was such a gorgeous boy. I believe he finds Fister and his other friends at the RB.

Rest is peace, dear Pichu.

((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.