Thread: Tasha and Raven are getting a new brother

Hybrid View

Oh my gosh, he is beautiful.........er, I mean handsome. I love his coloring.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you guys! So good to see some familiar faces . I took my boy Tommy's death a year ago extremely hard. It has been a difficult year. I cannot think about that 24 hours of time even now without tears and heartache.

But suddenly, I realized I was ready, the time was right. I have suffered for a year, and now, life must go on, and it is time to do what I have felt such a pull to do for many years now; to adopt a greyhound. Tasha officially is 14 years old in 3 days. My girl is on Rimadyl full time now, but otherwise she is still doing so very well at her age. I just knew, NOW is the time. Not when she deteriorates more, not when the unthinkable occurs. Now it is time. And so sweet Rudy immediately showed his preference for me, his immediate velcro'ing to my side that said "I want you." And as if it were meant to be, which indeed it must be, he is the dog my girls settled and relaxed around, it was more than clear to both me and the volunteer that the girls felt most relaxed and content around gentle Rudy.

I'm so lucky, and blessed indeed, that this beautiful soul chose me.

I thought I'd throw in a picture from a month or so ago of the girls.

I hope and pray for a smooth transition for all, while having the determination and understanding that there may be some rough spots as everyone gets settled, and I will do whatever is necessary to make sure everyone has their space and does not feel intruded upon.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh, wow, good to see you back, and with such happy news! Congratulations on the impending addition!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow, that is some awesome news Congrats! Can't wait to see more of him. And it's really good to see the girls again too!