Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Today it was a melting day (reprise of the ditty*) as it was well above freezing, it got all the way up 42°F () but it is now dropping and will go back down to 25°F tonight, so all the puddles that happened today will become skating rinks! And stay that way ... this was apparently a one-off!

*http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...71#post2487471
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Our weather in central NC is crazy up & down. Yesterday it was 38 high, today's high was 70 (normal would be 55), tomorrow 45 & dropping temps and tomorrow night we could have a freezing mix (sleet, fr rain, snow). Friday it is supposed to be in the 50's which is normal for here this time of year. Today's 70 felt so good!!
    Kay, did you see the thread yesterday about the Giant Snow Cat in Archdale, NC? - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...Giant-Snow-Cat!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It got to 66 this afternoon. While out I saw some people out with hoodies and jackets. I felt like stopping them. I mean 66 today felt more than just balmy. It was nice and warm.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Phesina said
    Kay, did you see the thread yesterday about the Giant Snow Cat in Archdale, NC? - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...Giant-Snow-Cat!
    - - - - - -
    Thanks for telling me about this snow cat. I had not seen it before now; it's huge. No doubt that took a long time to make and it turned out great. We might get a small wintery mix tonight. I'll be glad when spring gets here. I don't know how you folks with big amounts of snow make it through the winter.

Going down to -4* tonight, then a nice warm up headed our way!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Currently 13°F and sinking, supposed to go down to 6°F - at least that's above zero! Everything that melted Wednesday froze solid, and all the puddles became skating arenas!
    I've Been Frosted

Right now it is 40*F and sunny!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

52F (+11C) with wind out of the south. Seems to me that this kind of mild weather is not usual for March in Chicago. I can remember wearing a heavy coat on St. Patrick's Day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It was much warmer yesterday - up 54°F(12°C) but then temps dropped again, and today has barely gotten much above freezing - 35°F (2°C) with a wind chill of 23°F(-5C) - like it was saying, "Yesterday? Just kidding!"
    I've Been Frosted

Actually ... it's warm! 63F (+17C) ... on a typical mid-March day in Chicago we'd be around 45F. This is more like May than March.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Actually ... it's warm! 63F (+17C) ... on a typical mid-March day in Chicago we'd be around 45F. This is more like May than March.
    Hmm, it's been a long time since we saw anything that started with a 6! It is just 34°F ( 1°C) now, but to me, that felt warm enough so that I pumped my gas without wearing a glove - and I literally do not remember when last I did that!
    I've Been Frosted

It was cooler today. It's been in the 60s but with a 20 degree drop and rain, it actually feels cold. Heat is back on.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It's 45 F at 10:30 here and is supposed to go up to 61F.

All the snow is gone in this part of Canada. It's worrying as it may be too dry for farming but we are supposed to get some moisture in the next two days (mix of snow and rain - yech!) Highs both days will be 36F!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

There were a few days in the 50's here but the temps are dropping. Weather reports are saying we could get 1" to 3" of snow on Friday - the first day of spring. Bring it on - I hate spring
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Right now 45F (9C) but it is supposed to be rainy, snowy, and/or windy all weekend long with highs in the 40s. Typical Chicago spring- if you like the weather you'd better enjoy it while it's nice out, because it could change quickly. This to me is more consistent with March in Chicago.