View Poll Results: What would/should you do??

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return merchandise to sender

0 0%
  • Throw the merchandise away

2 5.88%
  • Use merchandise without sending a donation

31 91.18%
  • Feel guilty and send a donation

0 0%
  • None of the above

1 2.94%

Thread: What do YOU do??? - A POLL

Hybrid View

I have used the return address labels in the last, cards I generally have recycled unused. They are making a gamble sending stuff out HOPING you will feel guilty and send something. But as it is completely unsolicited, you never asked them to send you anything, you are not responsible, and should feel no guilt.
    I've Been Frosted

Since most address labels sent unsolicited to me have the wrong last name........ I throw them away. I don't need to be made to feel guilted in to donating to a cause.

facebook

I just received today in the mail, address labels from the HSUS, also a key chain and a new card. I haven't sent money to them in a few years, just can't afford it. I do use the labels tho and throw the key chain in a drawer with the rest of them.

I wish these people would stop sending stuff out, save the money you spend sending this stuff out and feed the animals instead.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post

I wish these people would stop sending stuff out, save the money you spend sending this stuff out and feed the animals instead.
    AMEN!!!!!

And it's so nice to see all of these PT'ers in agreement. Woo-hoo!!! - miracles will never cease. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm with Redbird. I don't need another batch of address labels. I'd rather you use that money on the cause itself. I donated to the American Diabetes Association so now I get other health-related solicitations - they must exchange mailing lists. The American Heart Association, the American Lung Association and on and on.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've got enough unsolicited address labels to last me three lifetimes. Years ago when the address labels first started, I sent a donation. However, it seems that every other charity or whatever must have found out that I contributed because then they all started sending address labels. Now I do not send any of them any money. No, I do not feel guilty about keeping the labels and using some of them.

Back in the days before bichons, I did often donate once a year to certain groups. That all ended 6 years ago, but I still receive the address labels, along with the request for a donation.

Ellie, you likely got one of those labels on your Christmas card from me!

I have not had to buy address labels in years!

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I agree! And, these people prey on the elderly. My mother gets so many of these it is ridiculous. They get about 25 calendars or more every year at the beginning of the year asking for donations. And, my mother is a sucker for this. She sends money to some of them. If they send her a nickle or a dime she sends it back!

I use the labels if I can. The U.S. Post Office says if you receive something you didn't order, you do not have to send it back.

So many people get ripped off every year by these so called charities. I do not trust any of them.