View Poll Results: What would/should you do??

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return merchandise to sender

0 0%
  • Throw the merchandise away

2 5.88%
  • Use merchandise without sending a donation

31 91.18%
  • Feel guilty and send a donation

0 0%
  • None of the above

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU do??? - A POLL

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

What do YOU do??? - A POLL

What do you do, or think is right to do, when you receive unsolicited products in the mail, and the sender is asking for a donation for this product? What comes to mind, since I received some today, is return address labels printed with your name and address. I used to get these all the time from different charities such as VFW, Humane Society, Arthritis Foundation, etc, etc, etc, and then they stopped for a good while. Today I received another batch from the Arthritis Foundation.

I didn't ask for them, so I feel no responsibility to send any donation for them. Will I use them?? - sure - why not? Is this wrong on my part?? - I don't think so. What do you think - and why?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

When I receive these items I use them. I do not feel the need to send a donation as I did not ask for them.
    I pick and choose what charities I donate to.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I use these items occasionally, or - if it's something I don't like - throw them away. When I still had more money, I occasionally made donations to charities that are important to me, but not to all. I simply can't do that.

I have used the return address labels in the last, cards I generally have recycled unused. They are making a gamble sending stuff out HOPING you will feel guilty and send something. But as it is completely unsolicited, you never asked them to send you anything, you are not responsible, and should feel no guilt.
    I've Been Frosted

Since most address labels sent unsolicited to me have the wrong last name........ I throw them away. I don't need to be made to feel guilted in to donating to a cause.

facebook

I just received today in the mail, address labels from the HSUS, also a key chain and a new card. I haven't sent money to them in a few years, just can't afford it. I do use the labels tho and throw the key chain in a drawer with the rest of them.

I wish these people would stop sending stuff out, save the money you spend sending this stuff out and feed the animals instead.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post

I wish these people would stop sending stuff out, save the money you spend sending this stuff out and feed the animals instead.
    AMEN!!!!!

And it's so nice to see all of these PT'ers in agreement. Woo-hoo!!! - miracles will never cease. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this way.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I'm with Redbird. I don't need another batch of address labels. I'd rather you use that money on the cause itself. I donated to the American Diabetes Association so now I get other health-related solicitations - they must exchange mailing lists. The American Heart Association, the American Lung Association and on and on.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've got enough unsolicited address labels to last me three lifetimes. Years ago when the address labels first started, I sent a donation. However, it seems that every other charity or whatever must have found out that I contributed because then they all started sending address labels. Now I do not send any of them any money. No, I do not feel guilty about keeping the labels and using some of them.

Back in the days before bichons, I did often donate once a year to certain groups. That all ended 6 years ago, but I still receive the address labels, along with the request for a donation.

Ellie, you likely got one of those labels on your Christmas card from me!

I have not had to buy address labels in years!

yep even down under i get them from WSPA and another i cannot remember right now, they are really nice too, i do feel a bit guilty not donating, but i do donate if it is a cause i believe in and one on my list, i too donate to certain charitys when and if i am able, but i am also in total agreement with everyone here, if they are there then use then, i used to get xmas cards sent to me by the hand foot and mouth people, i never asked for them, not could i afford them or want them, but i always sent them back return to sender and please do not send to me, they did it a couple of more times ,but seem to have stopped now, does seem rather silly wasting their time like that.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It seems that everyone is pretty much in agreement, but I can't help but wonder who voted for "none of the above" and why. Maybe it's that they don't receive anything unsolicited in the mail??? - tho that's hard to believe.

When I was still working, one of my co-workers was absolutely horrified that I would actually use a product sent to me without me requesting it, and told me that I was stealing, and that if I didn't send the requested donation, then I should "return to sender". She really did need to get a life..........
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It seems that everyone is pretty much in agreement, but I can't help but wonder who voted for "none of the above" and why. Maybe it's that they don't receive anything unsolicited in the mail??? - tho that's hard to believe.

When I was still working, one of my co-workers was absolutely horrified that I would actually use a product sent to me without me requesting it, and told me that I was stealing, and that if I didn't send the requested donation, then I should "return to sender". She really did need to get a life..........
    The thing is, if they have your name and address on them, what good will it do to return them? No one else can use them and you are out for postage? I'm with everyone else on this one.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot see the poll on my tablet, so I'll vote later. But I receive the address labels from ARF all the time asking for donations. My thought on that is they get my time, instead of my money, almost every weekend. I definitely use the labels. I was receiving labels from SPCA for a while and I used those as well. Like someone said........nobody else can use them so why return them?

Anything sent unsolicited through the mail is considered a gift, if I remember correctly. I used to send bux, too, but I thought they were starting to take advantage. Also, I wasn't involved in a local rescue yet. Now that I am, they get the lion's share of donations since I know exactly where the money is going.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb