It can take a few months to fully "de-flea" the home. Reason being is there are a couple different life-stages that fleas go through, the most annoying and resistant is the pupae stage. They can live in this stage for MONTHS in your home in the furniture, carpet, etc, and will hatch when conditions are right. I strongly recommend leaving your pets on a flea preventative for at LEAST three months straight as well as vigorous vacuuming and washing of everything that can be washed. Daily vacuuming is key with emptying the waste into a dumpster OUTSIDE of the house.

At my clinic we have been seeing a TON of pets who have been on Frontline religiously come in infested with fleas. I see you're using Advantage so that, to my knowledge, is still working fine.

Good luck!

Also, there is no difference between cat and dog fleas. Ctenocephalides felis is the scientific name for the common flea, but just because it's falled "felis" does NOT mean they are exclusive to felines. They affect both cats AND dogs.

Another edit to add... DO NOT USE PRODUCT FOR DOGS ON YOUR CATS unless it is specifically marked to do so. If you're unsure if its marketed for cats or dogs, DO NOT USE IT. Some products have feline and canine specific lines and if you use the wrong product on the wrong pet, you can have serious side effects or even death. Your best bet is to purchase new product that you know which species it is for!!!!