Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Times With Your Dog

Sad Times With Your Dog

Have u ever lost a Dog? When u had to had to move or they died? How did feel? whats was it like with your dog in the good times?Would u change anything so your dog didn't die?Or Mabye just has anything sad happened to your dog plz tell me bout it cause I had to move away from my dog Meritage!PLZ TELL ME!
    Meritages Old Mom :P I used to have a pic of meri but I lost it!

Drama Dog..

How old are you? If you are an adult, there is NO REASON that you should leave your dog behind if you move.

If you live with your parents, then they should be ashamed of themselves for leaving the family pet behind. Please don't grow up to do the same thing. So much for the parents teaching their children the value of life.

I've never heard of a city that doesn't allow dogs.

Good luck.
    Amber C.
    Animal Rescue Foundation
    Adoption Coordinator
    Mobile, Alabama
    www.animalrescuemobile.org

Mom to: Allotta, Icey, Ecko, Alaska & Arizona

I agree with Spot. You should never leave behind a dog when you move. It's very painful for them.

When I was 11 we had our 15year old mutt named Sylvie put to sleep because of cancer and the loss was and still is very painful because she had been there since I was born.

When we move in the next three years I guarantee I will diffinetly NOT move to a state that does not allow Capuchins. I could never live without my babies!

-Rachel
    *Monkeys are my best friend. Maybe not my husbands but mine*

Sometimes you can't find a place to live that allows pets/dogs...but you should never ever 'ditch' a pet, at least take them to a shelter. I had to have my first dog, Blackie PTS when he was 14 years old, he had a doggie 'stroke' and was near-death. It was without a doubt, extremely painful for my mother and myself, I cried non stop for days and I thought I was gonna die too. I get mad when ppl say stuff like 'oh, it was just a dog/cat/hamster/fish' My pets are just as important to me as my 'human' family members, in some cases, more important *G*!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I agree that it is unacceptable to move and not keep a pet. I find it really hard to believe that it is *impossible* anywhere to find somewhere that allows pets. I have moved 6 times in the past 4 years with three pets. Almost everywhere here has a limit of 2 pets, but I did all it took to convince the management to let me in with 3. When you adopt a pet, its a lifelong commitment.

DramaDog - I am sorry about your loss. I hope that your dog is in safe hands. If nothing else, seek comfort from that. You will feel pain for a long time but stay strong. I still feel pain from losing my childhood dog, but she was old and lived a great, long life.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

England hasn't had a case a rabies and they would like to keep it that way. ao if we took her than she would have to stay 6 months corrantine!

+ my dog is spoiled so it would have a really BAD affect on her

Ugh, yeah, I know what you mean. My dogs would die in 6 months quarantine. Is your dog with friends?

I think there's a thread somewhere around here started by ChrisH that the quarantine was lifted ...
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I didn't go away the dog did she was a border collie and we had a small home . the day we got her was a miricle and I'll never forget it but now we have a lab and shes so cool but she can't replace Sally

Aly thanks for your help! your great!

This thread has confused me greatly.....
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Im WDog and yes my other name is FabLab but I havn't been writing on it so its someone else and my Best Best Friend is Drama Dog and were quite alike!

I agree with the rest, theres absolutly nothing that could make me leave my dogs, I assume not move then leave them. They're my life and I need them...We had to put a dog down in August, he was my first dog, and it was definietly one of the hardest choices to make :[

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I agree with everyone. I would rather live on a park bench with my dogs then live without them

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

i agree w/topspot!