Thread: Thursdays #514 - first Thursday of 2013!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Mercy you have those in Canada too???? I'm always calling the police on them here. The police tell me there is no noise ordinance until 11 at night. I tell them when the stereos are so loud they rattle my windows and I can't hear my tv, they are disturbing my peace and to do something. They always come make them turn them down (for a bit anyway). Most of the time, the goons don't even live in this neighborhood. Probably got chased out of their own.

I'd love some hot vanilla tea this morning.
    The US Army was working on a sound-triggered mine. It was dormant until the sound signature of a Soviet tank came within its field of fire, and it then detonated.

I've always wanted to see if one could be programmed for thumping idiots driving stereos.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I made some cookies that turned out pretty well for church today, applesauce cookies which were soft and lovely (made with LH's applesauce) and nice crunchy fig/cardamom shortbreads, anybody want to share?

(I didn't realize until I went to bake that the eggs in my fridge were well past their date and tilted in a bowl of water when tested, so I looked until I found a recipe that needed no eggs, and found the applesauce one, and doubled it!)

They go nicely with hot tea, or whatever you might be drinking!
    I've Been Frosted

Those do sound good, too bad I had to settle for Pepperidge Farm packaged cookies (which are still quite good) which I enjoyed with my egg nog. One final little celebration of the Christmas season, as today is Epiphany. After tonight I turn off the Christmas lights and start the slow process of taking down all the Christmas things, which takes forever ...