Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
Hopefully, the powers that be, can come up with a workable solution. I can't imagine being faced with no means of transportation. Maybe I'll give thanks the next time I walk to my car, get in and go wherever I want, whenever I want. I guess I've just always taken for granted that it was there at my disposal, without even giving much thought to those who aren't so fortunate.
Prayers for a positive outcome in this dilemma.
Being without a car is worse than you can imagine. It's one thing to do without it for a day or so but to not be able to go where you want when you want is nerve wracking. I was so used to just hopping in my car and going somewhere that having to wait on someone to pick me up was very stressful. Heck there are times I could have been to Walmart and back by the time the bus got me there if I still drove.

It's giving up your independence. I can't go any where on weekends or holidays or after 5 pm because the bus doesn't run. Sometimes you have to wait a long time for them to get you. 45 minutes has been my longest wait time so far but apt to be longer since they cut the hours down.
You have to plan you life in advance, around the bus schedule.

If something horrible should happen and I'd need to evacuate. I can't.

Yep, be very very thankful you have a car.