Thread: Pet Health Insurance?

Hybrid View

I've never bothered with it for any of my animals. I just have a special account and deposit $$ every month. So far I've always had more than enough to cover any vet bill. If you're lucky enough not to use it for a while it really builds up. I keep it and still make deposits even if I'm between animals. I compared doing this to taking insurance and this was by far the best solution...the deductions the insurance had just didn't impress me.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

We always get insurance for our pets. We even had insurance for our hamsters and gerbils when we had those. But then again, I live in Sweden, so insurance is quite cheap, and it's a good thing to have. Not sure how it works where you are though... Guessing it could be a whole lot more expensive than just 500 kr a year. (500 kr is about... 76$ a year, and then you have an insurance that pays for 80% of the vet costs or something like that, up to 10,000 kr a year, which is about... 1526$. So here, pet insurance is a huge win. Can get extremely expensive if your pet needs to visit a vet after all.)