Thread: Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012

First two pictures are the Nativity scene and the Manger before the Christmas play at Trinity United Church on Christmas Eve,the church was packed,in the main part and in the balcony.Two 3 month old twin boys were to play the Baby Jesus but I think only one did,was quiet the whole play.To start with,we all stood and sang O Come All ye Faithful,the at different points in the play we sang We Three Kings,Silent Night,O Little Town of Bethlehem,It Came Upon A Midnight Clear,Away In A Manger,Hark the Herald Angels Sing and stood up at the end to sing Joy To the World.The play was about events leading up to and including the birth of Jesus.At different points,cast members sang including a Mother and a daughter who were playing Elizabeth and Mary,Anna Lukai sang O Holy Night and got a round of applause,David Laing did a solo as well,got a round of applause as well his wife and daughter did the duet earlier in the play.Our minister Tim Dayfoot did narration and read passages of the bile like and Matthew pertaining to the events in the play.A picture of Marlene's tree at night on Christmas Eve,we went pu there for snacks afterwards,also there were Shannon,her friend Jamie,Brandyn and Samantha,Larry's brother Frank and Larry's Dad and friend Diane.After this,Mom went to Communion at church at 10,I stayed at home,Heidi had a long night here by herself.On Christmas I got a new pair of jeans,pajamas,a dress shirt and sweater.Heidi got a bag of Cesar's treats and a Cardinal squeaky from Marlene and Temptation treats from Mom.A picture Marlene's tree with gifts under Christmas Day,around 10,we went to Larry and Marlene's to open gifts,had some Quiche,Shannon ,Jamie and the kids came around 11.Pictures of Samantha with her Alvin Beanie Baby,Marlene got it off of Ebay,came from the U.S.Samantha with Rollerblades,tried them out at home,she also got an IPod,they each got a lunch bag with their name on it,Brandyn got headphones for his XBox game and game to go with is,a picture of him with his new bike,can see the reaction from Brandyn, Shannon,Jamie and Larry,later at home he said he didn't like the bike and got a lecture form his Mom,he also texted rude things on a Blackberry to Jamie,he wasn't impressed and got a lecture from him as well.Mom got a comforter for the bed,a scarf,big socks to wear around the house,Tim Hortons coffee,a Keurig coffee filter and gift card for a ladies store at the Oshawa Center, got 2 books one about Pat Burns,a former N.H.L. coach and 100 years of Grey Cups,Canada's equivalent of the Super Bowl and a $25 gift card to Staples.We went home for a bit and came back around 4 for dinner,Brandyn and Samantha went with their Dad to their Christmas Dinner,his year for the kids,other than us it Shannon and Jamie that came for dinner.We had Turkey,Dressing,Potatoes,Sweet Potatoes,Turnip, Pickles,Peas,Carrots and Buns.Dessert was Broken Glass Torte and Egg Nog/Mince Meat Pie.Brandyn and Samantha are going with Brian's family plus Jason,Barb and their two Lauren and Ryan to the Mayan Riviera on Friday,supposed to get a storm here tonight into tomorrow so far nothing.
    Last edited by fritz03; 12-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Nice photos, Barry! Look like you had a very festive time for the holidays. That is so nice that you spent so much time with family.

Sounds like your church did a really nice job with the Christmas play! I was surprised to see the big screen TVs up. We don't have those at our church.