Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peka

Peka

Peka, my foster who I am now calling Paquita, has taken a big turn for the worse. Her condition is severe but there was a small possibility the meds could help her live a couple more months, or even a couple more years. But today she looks awful. She lost all of her energy. She lost her personality too. She just stands still and stares into space. The expression on her face is so sad. I took her to potty and she just stood still in the pouring rain. I kept nudging her and she finally went. We have a vet appointment at 3pm tomorrow. I am fearing the worst

Please pray for the princess. I don't know the life she's had before she came into my home, but I don't think it was a very good one. Worse yet, she had to sit in a Pre-Adopt room (very stressful) at the shelter for 5 weeks with her health conditions being ignored. She came alive and got the cutest personality after I took her home. She's been happy and comfortable here for over a month now. If this is the end for her, at least her last days were happy
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly,
    You are a good woman......and if Peka's life is coming to an end, there is no better place than with you, for her to enjoy her last days. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Logan

Aly I am sorry about your foster Peka. I know for sure that you took the best care of her and showed her love - that was the best gift to her to be part of a happy family. I will pray for her and send positive thoughts.

everyone here knows you so well and knows the love you are giving this dear little foster is the best thing that probably could happen to her at this point...but don't get so stressed it affects your health, we know how you can let that happen...think how upset dear ReeceMan and Lolly will be if they lose their new buddy and see their mommy get sick too. i know it's hard but Aly you are only human..if one of the most caring ones i've ever had the pleasure to meet.
    love,
    laurie

Hopeing for the best for Peka. What ever the outcome tomorrow, you have given her quality of life and a happy one at that.

She's acting a little better. I gave her a gentle bath, massage, brush, and blow dry and she seemed to enjoy it immensely. Go figure... I thought she'd fight me the whole way. She's now resting like the little pampered princess that she is. I was going to take her to work with me tonight so I could keep an eye on her, but I think she'll be more comfortable here. She's still dragging, but at least more willing to walk around.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
    Alyson

I am so sorry for you, Aly. I know how bonded you are to her, I can tell from your words that you adore her. She couldn't have a more perfect setting to spend her days with, even if they are few. I am sure that she has had more joy with you in the days that she has been with you, then she has had her entire life. You could not be any more wonderful with those needy furkids and no matter what happens, she is loved and I think she knows it threw and threw.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well. I have been thinking about you and Peka often. I hope she pulls out of this, but if not, I am so glad that she is with you. You are an angel to do what you do and she's lucky to have you, Aly.

I am so sorry to hear that Peka is not doing well. I pray that she will start to feel better. Aly, you are such a kind person to help Peka and give her a loving home to stay in. If it is her time to go, at least she will be loved for the rest of the time she has. Give Peka a hug and a kiss to for me.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

I am so sorry to hear that Pequita is not doing too well. You have been so good to her and I know how you have bonded.

She will be in my thoughts.

Aly, I pray that Peka will get better. I bet she loved being pampered like that.

You are a wonderful person.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hi everyone She's doing much better today! I am wondering if she ate something that gave her an upset stomach or something. I am careful to keep everything out of her reach because she is a chow hound but maybe somehow she found something on the floor. Anyway that might not even be the problem but I'm hoping its something simple. We're on the way out to the vet now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alyson

great picture Aly.... boy, she sure is an "Aly Dog" if I ever did see one
    Laurie

Praying and waiting for an update.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Pretty good vet report. Nothing that we didn't already know about seems to be wrong with her. The vet said it could be heart related or it might be something more simple. Sorta hard to tell since she's 100% back to normal now. She said there's a possibility it was a stroke but she doesn't think so. We have her on yet another medication to try to stop the coughing. After we get it stopped, she'll get extensive blood work to determine if we can safely clean her teeth (they are BAD). The vet gushed on about how much better and healthier she looks. She said she doesn't look like a dying dog anymore I guess I hadn't noticed since I see her every day.

So since she was such a good girl, we stopped by the pet store and got a lot (...too many...) of treats, toys, and Christmas clothes to wear on Santa's lap this weekend
    Alyson

Glad that the vet report was good and that Pequita is back to her normal self again. You have to take pictures of her in her new costumes!