Thread: Wolves!!

Wolves!!

I just watched the news tonight. There's been a few possible sightings of wolves in Utah, but none have been confirmed until now. There was a pure timber wolf caught in a coyote trap near Morgan, Utah. I believe it was a dark black/gray male. Apparently, he was not injured from the trap. They are putting a collar on him and transporting him back up into Yellowstone. They are pretty sure he is one of the wolves from Yellowstone. This is exciting news to me me! Of course I'm a wolf nut, heh. As usual, ranchers are throwing a fit.......so who knows if any other wolves are found if they will be able to stay either. It's possible that this wolf traveled alone, but wolves really are not solitary creatures for the most part...I'm betting there's a few more wolves here too....

The wolves were in Utah FIRST, people just killed them all off. *sigh* If they can work it out in Yellowstone and Idaho, I don't see why they can't work it out here. The National Wildlife Federation pays to compensate the ranchers for any losses caused by wolves.

I've been trying to find an article about it on the net, but I have not found any luck yet.

I know wolves are a very volatile topic just about anywhere you find them. I'll point out this thread to YLL - she did a school assignment about the wolves here in Wisconsin, and she has some opinions about the situation (mostly that she loves wolves - I guess if you're a dog lover, you love their distant cousins too, just like I love the big jungle cats )
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope